Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting

This is a discussion on Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A well-articulated commentary on the commentary: Bob Costas advocates for gun control in...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting

VIP Member
    A well-articulated commentary on the commentary:
    Bob Costas advocates for gun control in
    oakchas likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member
    May be a bit off track but a question: I wonder how many of the 'gun ban' people are actually people who COULDN'T legally own a firearm? Felon, domestic violent, mental issues, etc. Just a thought.
    Edward7 likes this.

Like Bloomberg's gang of mayors?

526699_355689784527683_626459497_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    May be a bit off track but a question: I wonder how many of the 'gun ban' people are actually people who COULDN'T legally own a firearm? Felon, domestic violent, mental issues, etc. Just a thought.
    or have never shot a gun, know any friends that shoot for sport/hunt/etc
    Edward7 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Whitlock says:
    We’ve come to accept our insanity. We’d prefer to avoid seriously reflecting upon the absurdity of the prevailing notion that the second amendment somehow enhances our liberty rather than threatens it.

How many young people have to die senselessly? How many lives have to be ruined before we realize the right to bear arms doesn’t protect us from a government equipped with stealth bombers, predator drones, tanks and nuclear weapons?

Our current gun culture simply ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead.

....Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.

IOW=>
    There are numerous anecdotes that prove that humans are insane, impulsive, selfish, and, at times, lacking social conscience. Therefore, society can not trust humans. For the sake of a more sane, safe, and reflective society, we need control. Besides, control enhances liberty.
    And you're not going to defeat government control because you can't beat the might of the U.S. military.
    The founders knew humans to be insane, impulsive, selfish, and, at times, lacking social conscience. But they trusted their fellow man with the Bill of Rights - limits on government control - because they also knew the potential of human liberty and the darkness of tyrants who clothe themselves in law and public trust. The Second Amendment isn't my means of taking on the government; it is one less reason for the government to come after me.
    DefConGun likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Media & Liberal Logic: Get rid of guns and the 2A, legalize dope and tax the peasants into oblivion.

Now that's the formula for a great America. Ha!
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Yahoo.com has a poll up asking,
    Yahoo!.
    Last I checked 77% did not agree with the timing his rant.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Yahoo.com has a poll up asking,
    Yahoo!.
    Last I checked 77% did not agree with the timing his rant.
    link to the poll?

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    "What I believe is, if he didn’t possess/own a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today."

I think this is absolutely a possibility. I am also completely pro-gun.

The country is leaning left and a lot of people are anti-gun for some very legitimate reasons. Mass shootings are a problem, and a huge portion of the populace thinks the solution should be more laws that restrict ownership. If you are serious about preserving gun ownership (freedom), then maybe the arguments of "inanimate object, murder has always been around, blame it on the steroids, etc." need to be adjusted.
    A crazed NFL linebacker WITHOUT a gun would not have killed his girl friend? He could easily have killed her with his bare hands! He was clearly furious. I don't buy what you are saying at all.

All that laws against guns do is empower bad guys.
    Lish likes this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    or have never shot a gun, know any friends that shoot for sport/hunt/etc
    You guys may be on to something here, my brother is still kinda anti gun but hes less anti gun now that hes been to my new place and shot my guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    A crazed NFL linebacker WITHOUT a gun would not have killed his girl friend? He could easily have killed her with his bare hands! He was clearly furious. I don't buy what you are saying at all.

All that laws against guns do is empower bad guys.
    Why didn't he just kill her with his hands, then? Guns make killing easy. That's the whole point of guns - to efficiently kill humans and animals. Beating someone to death without a weapon doesn't happen that often.

VIP Member
    Why didn't he just kill her with his hands, then? Guns make killing easy. That's the whole point of guns - to efficiently kill humans and animals. Beating someone to death without a weapon doesn't happen that often.
    I'm not sure what point you're making here. Yes, shooting someone is easier than stabbing or beating but what are you saying? Ban handguns? You say you are pro-gun but what your saying doesn't seem to support that. There are already many laws on the books that regulate guns. What would you do that would prevent a killing like this from happening?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

All the laws stating that killing someone did a lot of good. No laws, no banning of items, could have prevented this. Domestic violence is not something that can be legislated away.

The young lady who died could have chosen to be with someone more stable. I'm not saying she deserved to die, no one deserves that, but she made a choice to be with who she was. She does deserve some of the credit for being in this situation. Had she chosen to break things off earlier, as she apparently had, she would most likely still be alive.

Then again, you never know. Look at what happened in the spa in Wisconsin. There, the abuser eventually tracked down and killed the ex and others.

At least the child survived. Normally the entire family gets killed. That's the only silver lining here.

First Joe Buck ticked me off now Bob Costas?? Both are over paid idiots!!

Dude, Im all for backing up the other side (liberal.) here, but not on guns. I dont like the total "we are all conservative." bit, but I definitely like the "we all love guns and unregulated unrestrained 2nd amendment rights" feel. This is the one area alternative opinions are not welcome.
    (I speak only for myself and not the fine folks that run and moderate this site.)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links