Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting

This is a discussion on Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by dbglock That's just AdBro being "fair and balanced". As any intelligent person knows, ALL amendments have restrictions and limits. did i say ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    That's just AdBro being "fair and balanced". As any intelligent person knows, ALL amendments have restrictions and limits.
    did i say epsn had no right to fire him? no, i didn't. free speech doesnt protect you from private consequences. so, what restriction am i overlooking here? i'm simply pointing out yet another double standard. that's all.
    accessbob likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Its not a double standard, its a standard. By their own standards one is acceptable and one isn't. Now if a liberal compared Obama to Hitler and wasn't punished, that would be a double standard.
    Doesn't make it "fair" but its not a double standard.

Costas backpedals..... FAST ! " I'm Sorry... "
    Woops Bobby, Bite off more than you could chew?

LINK

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by finst3r View Post
    Costas backpedals..... FAST ! " I'm Sorry... "
    Woops Bobby, Bite off more than you could chew?

LINK
    Yeah, it sounds like he tried to dig himself out of a hole, but just kept digging deeper. He left no doubt about his opinion and lack of understanding of the 2A or the "gun culture" that he was talking about.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    did i say epsn had no right to fire him? no, i didn't. free speech doesnt protect you from private consequences. so, what restriction am i overlooking here? i'm simply pointing out yet another double standard. that's all.
    The term "double standard" implies that you're comparing apples to apples. Here you're comparing the slander of a President (1A protects you from prosecution but not from being fired) to an opinion of an amendment. I wouldn't expect a right-winger to grasp the distinction. Not getting it is part of what makes you a right-winger in the first place.
    finst3r likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    The term "double standard" implies that you're comparing apples to apples. Here you're comparing the slander of a President (1A protects you from prosecution but not from being fired) to an opinion of an amendment. I wouldn't expect a right-winger to grasp the distinction. Not getting it is part of what makes you a right-winger in the first place.
    oh thanks for explaining what 1A protects you from after I JUST SAID THAT. lol.

you know why I like Edward7? because we obviously have different opinions but he's respectful and it's fun to discuss things with him. most people on here are like that...most.

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    you know why I like Edward7? because we obviously have different opinions but he's respectful and it's fun to discuss things with him. most people on here are like that...most.
    I like girls.

Watched several breathless anti-gun blissninnies on TV make excuse for the murder of the lady. It makes me wanna puke.

Belcher was checked out by the cops shortly before he murdered his girlfriend. He was snoozing in his car outside her home, waiting for her to come home.. Yep, that awful lady dared to go out.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher told officers who found him sleeping in his car outside an apartment complex hours before the murder-suicide that he was there to visit a woman whom he described as his ''girlfriend,'' but that she wasn't home.

The apartment complex is about 10 miles from the Kansas City home Belcher shared with 22-year-old Kasandra Perkins, the mother of their 3-month-old daughter Zoey. Belcher shot Perkins at their home Saturday morning before driving to Arrowhead Stadium, where he committed suicide in the practice facility's parking lot, police said.

Police responded to a report about 2:50 a.m. Saturday of a man sleeping in his car outside an apartment building, police spokesman Darin Snapp said Tuesday. When police approached the car, Belcher got out of the vehicle and was cooperative, Snapp said.

''We ask him 'Why are you sleeping here?', and he says he's there to visit his girlfriend, but she's not home,'' Snapp said.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

Witnesses have since told police that Belcher stayed at that apartment until 6:30 a.m., Snapp said.

At about 7:50 a.m., police were called to Belcher's home after he had shot and killed Perkins, whose body was found on the floor of the master bathroom with multiple gunshot wounds, according to a police incident report.
    Belcher told cops he was waiting for 'girlfriend' - Yahoo! Sports
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 6th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Nothing could have stopped the events that day. Belcher shot his fiancée/GF 9 times in the head (according to a couple of the reports I've read)... That's a lot of rage. I know a lot of people who train to shoot 3 fast rounds, so if you have 3-4 shots fired rapidly, that is one thing. Nine shots, that's a whole different league. He had to be shooting after she was down.

No gun, and he would have beat her to death. With anything he could have grabbed. That's the story 9 shots to the head says to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Nothing could have stopped the events that day. Belcher shot his fiancée/GF 9 times in the head (according to a couple of the reports I've read)... That's a lot of rage. I know a lot of people who train to shoot 3 fast rounds, so if you have 3-4 shots fired rapidly, that is one thing. Nine shots, that's a whole different league. He had to be shooting after she was down.

No gun, and he would have beat her to death. With anything he could have grabbed. That's the story 9 shots to the head says to me.
    I can think of one thing that could have prevented this, a gun in here hands. Not would have, just could have.
    MrsHB likes this.

update on whitlock: nra is kkk and gives drugs to kids

Whitlock turns up personal attack on gun owners, calls NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    Its not a double standard, its a standard. By their own standards one is acceptable and one isn't. Now if a liberal compared Obama to Hitler and wasn't punished, that would be a double standard.
    Doesn't make it "fair" but its not a double standard.
    It is hypocrisy however.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

" expressing his opinion", Really? He didn't just say he didn't like Obama, he compared him to Hitler! Then he said this gem ""We’ve got a Muslim for a President who hates cowboys, hates cowgirls, hates fishing, hates farming, loves gays, and we hate him," Williams Jr. bellowed. As the Dallas Sun reported, the crowd responded with a loud cheer. " So Im not gonna cry when people decide not to be associated with him.
    Sounds like opinion to me.

We don't want this thread to go political. This is a thread about Costas, who is another idiot.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 6th, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links