Bad: Pennsylvania man shot ex-wife during church

This is a discussion on Bad: Pennsylvania man shot ex-wife during church within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Pennsylvania man shot ex-wife during church service | Fox News An elementary school music teacher walked into a church in the middle of Sunday ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By mkh
  • 1 Post By Frado
  • 1 Post By RKflorida
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: Bad: Pennsylvania man shot ex-wife during church

Police: Pennsylvania man shot ex-wife during church service | Fox News

An elementary school music teacher walked into a church in the middle of Sunday services and shot and killed his ex-wife as she sat in a pew, police said.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

mkh
    Churches are not exempt from violence and that is why I carry at church.
    accessbob, Lish and ccw9mm like this.

My congratulations to the congregation members that apprehended the shooter.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Reading news article concerning this shooting it states that witnesses observed Ex-Husband pacing back and forth outside of church before he entered church and shot Ex-Wife. That would of been the Red Flag that alerted me.

I do not carry at Church where I attend but I am ALWAYS on guard to protect our Pastor. My Uncles' Church where he is head of Ushers' is one of the Body Guards that Protects their Pastor which has been threatened on occasion.

Just because one is in a House of Worship doesn't mean that they are exempt from a potential threat like the one that took place in Pennsylvania. Gun laws need to be revamped in order that Law Abiding Citizens can carry at Church.

Frado
    goldshellback likes this.

Evil does not fear the church building. Look to the Middle East for confirmation. Carry in church, as we slide further down this slippery slope, churches will increasingly become juicy targets.
    shadowwalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frado View Post
    Reading news article concerning this shooting it states that witnesses observed Ex-Husband pacing back and forth outside of church before he entered church and shot Ex-Wife. That would of been the Red Flag that alerted me.

I do not carry at Church where I attend but I am ALWAYS on guard to protect our Pastor. My Uncles' Church where he is head of Ushers' is one of the Body Guards that Protects their Pastor which has been threatened on occasion.

Just because one is in a House of Worship doesn't mean that they are exempt from a potential threat like the one that took place in Pennsylvania. Gun laws need to be revamped in order that Law Abiding Citizens can carry at Church.

Frado
    Who'd threaten a pastor?
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's pushing who.

Distinguished Member
    Places where guns are banned continue to be hunting grounds for cowards who know they will face no armed resistance. Very sad story. It could have been much worse.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Who'd threaten a pastor?
    We had someone locally last year shoot a pastor and an associate pastor. Sheriff Grady Judd calls parishioners "heroes" for restraining suspect until deputies arrived | wtsp.com Crazy don't stop at the church steps...

VIP Member
    Said they were divorced for several years.
    Wonder if he saw her on a date, or getting serious and just couldn't take it.
    What the H.E. Double Hockey Sticks is the matter with people?
    goldshellback likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

It doesn't seem like this guy was interested in anyone else but his ex, but when the shooting starts one never knows.
    I always have Mr. Glock with me at church.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    We had someone locally last year shoot a pastor and an associate pastor.
    I believe you! I guess it was more of a 'why would someone shoot a pastor'? Were they shot because they were pastors, or for another reason?
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's pushing who.

In this case in PA I did read he threatened the pastor and a couple parishioners who tried to deny him access when he came back ithe church to shoot her again.

In the case here in FL, the guy shot his wife (ex wife?) at home then drove to the church and shot the pastor specifically - I don't remember the motive... If memory serves that was the church they were married in, but I could be remembering wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    An elementary school music teacher walked into a church in the middle of Sunday services and shot and killed his ex-wife as she sat in a pew, police said.
    Yup. If a target goes into building X or Y, it doesn't much matter to a murderer who's less concerned with getting out of it alive than achieving his goal of taking out the target. Church, street corner, back yard, or the highway, crowded aisle or rush-hour, or lone jogger in a park ... doesn't much matter.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Potter County Commissioner Susan Kefover told the newspaper the shooting was "devastatingly tragic for the community."
    Beyond loss of the friend, they only lost their illusions of safety.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsored Links