Jason Whitlock: NRA is the new KKK - Page 2

Jason Whitlock: NRA is the new KKK

This is a discussion on Jason Whitlock: NRA is the new KKK within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Jeanlouise Convenient how the media eggheads never mention that the most notorious crime of the 1990's was committed with a knife when ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Jason Whitlock: NRA is the new KKK

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Convenient how the media eggheads never mention that the most notorious crime of the 1990's was committed with a knife
    when OJ Simpson hacked Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman to death.
    OJ would love that. He could sue them for defamation of character since he was acquitted. Like I always say, a trial's not about what happened ... it's about what you can convince a jury happened or to ignore. Note the frequent use of the word "alleged" in print. It's a suit breaker.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    This argument is now popping up all over the internet. It's meaningless. Why does it matter that somebody was murdered with a knife in 1994?

It's obvious that people can be murdered in a variety of ways.
    That's the point that seems to elude the anti gun community. To hear them talk, only guns are a problem and without them there would be peace on earth, good will towards men.

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    OJ would love that. He could sue them for defamation of character since he was acquitted. Like I always say, a trial's not about what happened ... it's about what you can convince a jury happened or to ignore. Note the frequent use of the word "alleged" in print. It's a suit breaker.
    You're right, I'm going to change my statement to "allegedly" because we all know there's some question as to who really did it.
    OD* and Rock and Glock like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    This argument is now popping up all over the internet. It's meaningless. Why does it matter that somebody was murdered with a knife in 1994?

It's obvious that people can be murdered in a variety of ways.
    It's certainly no less relevant than the fact that a disturbed man who happens to be a sports celebrity of sorts, happened to use a firearm to allegedly (with a tip o' the hat to dbglock) murder his girlfriend and subsequently allegedly shoot himself in the stadium locker room.

As to what the current news item has to do with ancient history. These arguments are so nonsensical, you might as well answer one non sequitur with another...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

That's the point that seems to elude the anti gun community. To hear them talk, only guns are a problem and without them there would be peace on earth, good will towards men.

You're right, I'm going to change my statement to "allegedly" because we all know there's some question as to who really did it.
    If only they'd let him out of Nevada's Pen, he could resume the hunt for the real killers... checking every golf course from Nevada to Florida and Florida to Oregon... to find those bad guys...
    pir8fan and Jeanlouise like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Ever hear of the woman who died from drinking water in a radio contest to win a nintendo wii?

I guess we should ban water. And nintendo wii's. And radio. And contests.

The media and the uneducated on soap boxes will spin anything...

Oh, and here is the link.
    Woman in water-drinking contest dies - US news - Life | NBC News

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    Might be tough to win defamation of character since OJ lost the civil trial and was ordered to pay the Goldmans millions of dollars. Yes, I know the rules are different, but there was enough evidence presented in the civil case for the jury to rule against OJ.

I posted earlier.....my neighbor years ago used a hammer....So ?
    Costas needs to be fired................IMO.

You can defame him all you want as he's a celebrity and you're not. Much worse is posted to the internet about the President everyday. Journalists don't have that freedom. Libel and slander, etc.

BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    It's certainly no less relevant than the fact that a disturbed man who happens to be a sports celebrity of sorts, happened to use a firearm to allegedly (with a tip o' the hat to dbglock) murder his girlfriend and subsequently allegedly shoot himself in the stadium locker room.

As to what the current news item has to do with ancient history. These arguments are so nonsensical, you might as well answer one non sequitur with another...
    I think many people believe that there is a pretty significant difference between guns and knives. There was the recent incident, and it brought some of the anti-gun folks in the sports community out of the woodwork. Whatever their argument is, it doesn't make sense for anybody to try to compare this incident to O.J.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    For those of you who are Rush Limbaugh listeners, he covered this extensively yesterday on his show. Bottom line, Whitlock is saying that if you dump a pile of guns in the Black community, they will just start shooting each other? They have no control? What an insult to Black people everywhere.
    Yes and apparently according to him, along with all of the drugs, it's supposed to be the responsibility of those who hold "their" best interests. I guess he's saying that they need to be controlled? Are you kidding me? Oh and the drugs, it's the white man, NRA, KKK or whatever that's supplying that too? When was the last time our informative scholar here checked to see what color the people are that are jumping fences loaded with dope? I'm so sick and tired of individuals' decisions being blamed on the race of another. Maybe we SHOULD blame the white man, the Brits, for not keeping control of those who sought freedom. Would that make the accusers happy?
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Might be tough to win defamation of character since OJ lost the civil trial and was ordered to pay the Goldmans millions of dollars. Yes, I know the rules are different, but there was enough evidence presented in the civil case for the jury to rule against OJ.
    Plus he's in prison long-term on criminal charges now but my point was that journalists can't write about OJ as if he were convicted unless it's clearly editorial. Again, they use the word "allegedly" to tiptoe around that.

This one made me laugh
    Attached Images
    Jeanlouise and Secret Spuk like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

A good read, a well reasoned compilation of arguments.... and maybe one reason FOX likes to call itself "fair and balanced"... MAYBE... I said MAYBE.
    Edward7 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    A good read, a well reasoned compilation of arguments.... and maybe one reason FOX likes to call itself "fair and balanced"... MAYBE... I said MAYBE.
    What makes FOX fair and balanced is the Sports department counteracting the "News" staff.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links