Jason Whitlock: NRA is the new KKK

This is a discussion on Jason Whitlock: NRA is the new KKK within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Jeanlouise That's the point that seems to elude the anti gun community. To hear them talk, only guns are a problem and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Jason Whitlock: NRA is the new KKK

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    That's the point that seems to elude the anti gun community. To hear them talk, only guns are a problem and without them there would be peace on earth, good will towards men.

You're right, I'm going to change my statement to "allegedly" because we all know there's some question as to who really did it.
    Remember he was later convicted of wrongful death. I'm with you. Never did hear how many rounds were fired with that knife.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    I think many people believe that there is a pretty significant difference between guns and knives. There was the recent incident, and it brought some of the anti-gun folks in the sports community out of the woodwork. Whatever their argument is, it doesn't make sense for anybody to try to compare this incident to O.J.
    The point is that you can kill with anything. The Simpson case is a high profile murder with a knife. That's the comparison...either way, the victim is dead. However, we only hear about banning guns...ad nauseum...no matter how many other examples of violence with other weapons is given. They choose not to acknowledge it.
    Last edited by Jeanlouise; December 4th, 2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    What makes FOX fair and balanced is the Sports department counteracting the "News" staff.
    ... and the weight of their Legal and PR departments counterbalancing the burden of such freaky commenting on the part of any of their staff.

O! for the days when media merely reported news, instead of making it. Were there ever such days??
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    The point is that you can kill with anything. The Simpson case is a high profile murder with a knife. That's the comparison...either way, the victum is dead. However, we only hear about banning guns...ad nauseum...no matter how many other examples of violence with other weapons is given. They choose not to acknowledge it.
    Not to mention they are both NFL players who murdered their wife\girlfriend. I have to agree that Belcher\OJ is a very relevant comparison.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

You can defame him all you want as he's a celebrity and you're not. Much worse is posted to the internet about the President everyday. Journalists don't have that freedom. Libel and slander, etc.
    They may not have the freedom of libel and slander, but they certainly have the "freedom" to misrepresent, spin and twist any situation to fit their political ideas. Just like Whitlock does in his article.
    rigel42 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    I think many people believe that there is a pretty significant difference between guns and knives. There was the recent incident, and it brought some of the anti-gun folks in the sports community out of the woodwork. Whatever their argument is, it doesn't make sense for anybody to try to compare this incident to O.J.
    Of course it makes sense! 2 separate cases of professional football players murdering their significant other in a fit of rage. The point being that a gun wasn't needed in the first case, and therefore, shouldn't be blamed in the second case.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

He shot her nine times too. As QKS pointed out, sounds like some anger management and steroid use issues? Give him a knife, poker, baseball bat...........same result?
    Secret Spuk likes this.

What makes FOX fair and balanced is the Sports department counteracting the "News" staff.
    Actually, what makes FOX fair and balanced is it's the only network that gives any opinion different than the established liberal media. FOX is slanted, for sure. To the Right, for sure. Unfortunately, FOX is outnumbered by Left leaning news organizations like, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    Actually, what makes FOX fair and balanced is it's the only network that gives any opinion different than the established liberal media. FOX is slanted, for sure. To the Right, for sure. Unfortunately, FOX is outnumbered by Left leaning news organizations like, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc...
    If they just came out and said they where the conservative outlet id have no issue with them and maybe some respect but everyday they keep lying and saying how they're not and that they are completely neutral. Being secretly in the pocket of a party is true of them all (maybe not cnn, not all the time.) but only fox starts out by claiming to be "fair and balanced" and thats just insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    He shot her nine times too. As QKS pointed out, sounds like some anger management and steroid use issues? Give him a knife, poker, baseball bat...........same result?
    Apparently it depends on who supplied them with the steroids and weapon.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Fox doesn't "lean" anywhere. But as long as they have viewers such as yourself they don't need to be fair or balanced.

Fox doesn't "lean" anywhere. But as long as they have viewers such as yourself they don't need to be fair or balanced.

Its a lot deeper than the network. From the article
    I try to take advantage of the opportunity to talk about the real world when sports lends itself to that and try to open people’s eyes.
    That is from a "Respected Sports Journalist"

Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    If they just came out and said they where the conservative outlet id have no issue with them and maybe some respect but everyday they keep lying and saying how they're not and that they are completely neutral. Being secretly in the pocket of a party is true of them all (maybe not cnn, not all the time.) but only fox starts out by claiming to be "fair and balanced" and thats just insulting.
    Fair enough. I'd label myself as a conservative on a majority of political issues. Even I get tired of the "pretend neutrality". FOX is openly advocating conservative viewpoints. I just feel that the other networks mentioned also advocate for liberal viewpoints. It's sad to me that the "news" shows are really just political mouthpieces.

Not sure why you want to make this personal? Pretty certain you don't know anything about me. Believe whatever you like about whatever network you do or do not watch. Makes no difference to me. In my estimation, anyone who watches any news channel for more than an hour or so and can't determine which political party they favor is not paying close enough attention. Maybe that is intentional.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links