Good: Victim turns tables on robber

This is a discussion on Good: Victim turns tables on robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Victim turns tables on alleged robber | www.ajc.com The Atlanta Journal-Constitution The victim of an overnight attempted robbery turned the tables on his alleged attacker, ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 2 Post By Ransom

Thread: Good: Victim turns tables on robber

Good: Victim turns tables on robber

Victim turns tables on alleged robber | www.ajc.com

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The victim of an overnight attempted robbery turned the tables on his alleged attacker, holding the would-be robber at gunpoint until police arrived, Atlanta police said Friday.

The incident happened shortly after 7 p.m. Thursday at the Historic Fourth Ward Skatepark on Willoughby Way in northeast Atlanta.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

2. Remove Ads

Warning shots eh? That should get a nice war going here. Glad it ended well.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Warning shots eh? That should get a nice war going here. Glad it ended well.
    Yeah, he did a lot of stuff wrong, both leading up to the point where weapons were drawn and after. He gets taken to task by the AJC readers for it, too. Here is my favorite:

"I'm sorry Khoi, but you're an idiot. One commenter already pointed out that you had the gun in your car instead of on your person and also how you chased this person down the street after the immediate threat was neutralized.

But *** are you doing meeting someone from Craigslist after daylight hours in a park that probably had nobody else there at the time? Seriously, I'd think you were looking to get into an altercation if you didn't stupidly leave your gun in the car. Try being smarter in the future."
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Yeah, he did a lot of stuff wrong, both leading up to the point where weapons were drawn and after. He gets taken to task by the AJC readers for it, too. Here is my favorite:

"I'm sorry Khoi, but you're an idiot. One commenter already pointed out that you had the gun in your car instead of on your person and also how you chased this person down the street after the immediate threat was neutralized.

But *** are you doing meeting someone from Craigslist after daylight hours in a park that probably had nobody else there at the time? Seriously, I'd think you were looking to get into an altercation if you didn't stupidly leave your gun in the car. Try being smarter in the future."
    They probably weren't meeting to exchange money for an iPhone...
    Last edited by steffen; December 4th, 2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: iPhone, not iPod

Ha! Nice. As stated, lots done wrong, but I am surprised they both weren't arrested!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Warning shots eh?
    Well, that's not exactly what the article said. Assuming it's accurate ...

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    “Nguyen fired the weapon, ordering Willis to drop the gun and get on the ground,” Campos said.

After Nguyen fired a second round, Wiliis complied, and Nguyen held Willis until officers arrived and took Willis into custody.
    ... the guy fired his gun. No indication of whether it was at the guy, or away from him merely to warn him.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

True, ccw9mm. An assumption I made based on that they other guy was arrested, not taken to hospital, but who knows.
    BigJon

Re: Good: Victim turns tables on robber

To buy an iPhone? Sure..
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

It's a good example of how risky showing up alone in answer to a CraigsList (or similar) ad can be.
    Curzyk likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If the entire US military couldn't defeat the Vietnamese, what makes an Atlanta BG think he can?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If the entire US military couldn't defeat the Vietnamese, what makes an Atlanta BG think he can?
    It's a funny thought, but I think the premise is wrong: the US military could have done the job if the politicians hadn't derailed it.
    oneshot and ksholder like this.

There are signs of stupidity (at the very least) on the part of both men. I hope Nguyen really was just an innocent victim in all this. In any case, I'm glad no one was injured or killed.

VIP Member
    Doh!!!!!!!!

Dats a face palm for sure.

Glad nobody got hurt.

He needs a refresher course.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links