Strange: murder victim charged with other murder

This is a discussion on Strange: murder victim charged with other murder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've never heard of this before, though I suppose it's happened now and then. Apparently, some guy who got murdered back in June has himself ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jbum

Thread: Strange: murder victim charged with other murder

I've never heard of this before, though I suppose it's happened now and then.

Apparently, some guy who got murdered back in June has himself been charged with another murder earlier that same night. Either it's a case of the worst report writing possible, or the DA's smoking something:

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Police Say Murder Victim Killed Another Man Hours Before His Death

(LOUISVILLE) -- A Louisville murder victim is now accused in a killing that happened hours before his death.

Louisville Metro Police have charged Terrell Cherry in the shooting death of William Sawyers. Detectives say cherry shot Sawyers, 22, in his west Market Street home on June 3rd.

Police say Sawyers fell from an upstairs window after being shot.

Cherry was found later that night in a parked car in the 800 block of Humler Street. He had been shot several times.

Shaheed Al-Uqdah, 25, is charged with killing Cherry.
    Can you make sense of this?? Perhaps I'm just not reading it properly.

Moral of the story: There ought to be a law against unsupervised use of the 1A (with such writing) and/or a simple understanding that the statute of limitations expires when the would-be defendant expires.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sounds like a gang thing to me. I don't know why they would actually charge a dead person either.
    oneshot likes this.

To close the case and up the percentage of solved murders.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    What I don''t understand is why they would waste time "charging" a dead man? I'm sure some manhours and paperwork could be saved there.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Yes, I can make sense of it. Don't move to that area.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Not too much of a mystery.

I have charged dead people with several kind of crimes... including murder. It works like this. When a crime is commited...lets say a murder. The police catalog the crime and the evidence. In the case an arrest is made they will be ready for court. Anytime there is a murder a case is generated including a case number. A murder case is never closed... even if it co's cold... It's still an open case. If during the investigation a perpetrator is found, and there is probable cause to arrest him... and he is killed during the apprehension, or killed before the case comes to fruision, or even if he dies by natural cause, the murder is still credited to him, and he is charged with the murder. He's never arrested and the case is closed out by exceptional means. Basically this means that we know who commited the crime, we have probable cause to make an arrest, but we cant because of some circumstance beyond our control... he's dead

Yes we know who killed him,well we can't arrest him due to exceptional circumstances! Like what Chief?He was abducted by Space Aliens
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links