"Where do you live that you think you need to be armed at home?"

This is a discussion on "Where do you live that you think you need to be armed at home?" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If you choose not to be armed at home, more power to you. In my home, there is a firearm on my person or within ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: "Where do you live that you think you need to be armed at home?"

If you choose not to be armed at home, more power to you.
    In my home, there is a firearm on my person or within reach...always!
    Bark'n likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Other than my home being burglurized, the kid next door being a felon, the house across the street being a one-time MJ grow house, a drug-related armed home invasion 4 doors down, and the deputy's boat being stolen from his driveway 3 houses down, I feel perfectly safe where I live.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Re: "Where do you live that you think you need to be armed at home?"

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Other than my home being burglurized, the kid next door being a felon, the house across the street being a one-time MJ grow house, a drug-related armed home invasion 4 doors down, and the deputy's boat being stolen from his driveway 3 houses down, I feel perfectly safe where I live.
    I would feel safe too, what with a deputy living just 3 doors down....:D
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

It has less to do with where one lives and more to do with one's level of paranoia. Whether we like it or not gun fanatics simply tend to have more of it.

Fixed it for ya....

Quote Originally Posted by boatload View Post
    It has less to do with where one lives and more to do with one's level of real world awareness. Whether we like it or not gun enthusiasts simply tend to have more of it.
    357and40, ccw9mm, mprp and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Yep, that is true. To those who can't understand, I tell - "I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." And I don't want to have to try to make sure I can go get it if something goes down. There may not be time.
    I always carry where it's legal and at home where it is mandatory. Slip a shower cap over your holster and you'll only have to take it off to sleep!
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

Re: "Where do you live that you think you need to be armed at home?"

Quote Originally Posted by boatload View Post
    It has less to do with where one lives and more to do with one's level of preparedness. Whether we like it or not agun fanatics simply tend to have more of it.
    Repaired it for you...

And, now, I can agree with it!
    shadowwalker likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    And a few other places come to mind...Mexico, El Salvador, any country in Africa, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Afghanistan, Columbia, Great Britain and a few hundred others.

However, due to illegal immigration and drug dealing citizens, America has become a dangerous place.
    I'm sure I'll push buttons here, but the problems with illegal immigration and drugs have nothing to do with the immigrants or citizens. Drugs should be legal and the immigration system should allow anybody who comes here and gets a job to be legal.
    Edward7 likes this.

i live in the country but it dooesnt really matter where u live, everyone is a potentional target....i wear a gun as soon as i get out of bed and i dont take it off till i get back in bed, and even then, its within reach.....am i a fanatic???? maybe, but i sure as hell dont like being vunerable.....
    virg

I used to live on an island in alaska know as a brown bear capitol. Carried heavy iron continuously. Always alert. Sometimes they tore doors down. Now in large city not much has changed. Less fur, smaller turds, that sort of thing. Bears are OK. It's the smaller turd-droppers that are truly dangerous.
    OldVet, ep1953 and pfries like this.

Funny thing is when I lived in NH I felt the need to be armed on my property more so than inside.....too many bears LOL. I posted a thread where I protected my dog from a bear a few months ago.

You need to be armed whenever you feel the need. Simple as that. Paranioa for some is sanity and common sense to others. If you want to bath with a gun that is cool. If you have that comfort zone and odn't want to carry at home then that is cool also.

There is no place immune from a BG. That is just a fact. We all play the odds in life in different ways. I don't carry at home because stats say (at least where I used to live) that there was almost zero chance of a BG invading my home. I eat healthy and exercise because stats say that cardiovascular disease has a better chance of killing me than a gun pointed at me in my house.

I know folks in the same situation that carry 24/7 but eat like a horse and un healthy and overweight and have had two heart attacks...go figure LOL.

To each his own. Regardless if one carries and where I highly suggest you stay in shape the best you can and eat healthy. H2H training and other non-lethal ways of de escalating a situation is also a good idea. Even if you carry 24/7 what happens if you have a bad primer or whatever and your gun does not fire.
    Jeanlouise and Luis50 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    I'm sure I'll push buttons here, but the problems with illegal immigration and drugs have nothing to do with the immigrants or citizens. Drugs should be legal and the immigration system should allow anybody who comes here and gets a job to be legal.
    I get where you're coming from but there's no point bringing it up sometimes.

I didn't read all the posts so here's why I carry at home-

I live on planet earth therefor I carry at home.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Around 8:25 p.m., Lutz responded to a knock at her door and the doorbell, thinking it was her grandson, said Larissa Kirby, Lutz's daughter.

She couldn’t see through the keyhole because it was blocked, and she asked if it was her grandson. When she heard something like ‘yeah’ through the door, she opened it,” said Kirby.
    The peep hole was "blocked," hm? Happen often? Never, unless someone has deliberately blocked/covered it? That should be the first clue that something's not quite right, or even threatening ... or even deadly wrong.

Tip: If you can't see out because of something like this, and yet you don't know who it is, don't blindly open the door.
    ep1953 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Everywhere I lay my head down. To include hotels....... and the rest..... (as long as I am legal, I am armed).

The problem right now is the Press and certain politicians want to make me illegal, and why?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links