"Where do you live that you think you need to be armed at home?"

This is a discussion on "Where do you live that you think you need to be armed at home?" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Somebody on this site asked that question recently... or somebody asked the question of somebody that posts here.... Well, here's a nice little neighborhood... where ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: "Where do you live that you think you need to be armed at home?"

Somebody on this site asked that question recently... or somebody asked the question of somebody that posts here....

Well, here's a nice little neighborhood... where a 67 year old woman was beaten by thugs (one of whom, she thought was her grandson answering through the door)... at 8:25 in the evening... not that late... She opened her door... And the next thing you know a home invasion was occurring... at her house! And she was the victim!

Capture.JPG

Story here

Home invasions happen at home, folks... the next one might happen at your house... no matter where you live.

Many here have security cams, many won't answer the door unless an appointment has been made... some... "la la la la la" .... aren't listening...

Not all the choir members are on the same page... to each his own... but pay attention... coming soon, to a neighborhood near YOU.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

America.

Here.

Doesn't matter if you live in the middle of a ghetto or in no-mans-land, there is always a chance that it could happen. My house is not a castle, so I am vulnerable.

I think it's also if you are a hard target or a soft target. i have alarm system, cut proof screens, reinforced doors and dogs. Well lit at night. I figure I would have about a minute or so before someone could actually get into the house so I keep my gun where i can get it within a minute so I see no need to carry it at home. Situational awareness also dictates alot. I do everything I can to present myself and my house as a very hard target and hopefully it deters them from even thinking about it

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    America.
    And a few other places come to mind...Mexico, El Salvador, any country in Africa, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Afghanistan, Columbia, Great Britain and a few hundred others.

However, due to illegal immigration and drug dealing citizens, America has become a dangerous place.
    ep1953 and oldnfat like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

People always think they're safe because they live in a "nice neighborhood". They look at the "bad neighborhoods" as the primary targets for burglaries and home invasions. But which neighborhood is going to have the nicest stuff? Which neighborhoods are going to have the most trusting residence?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan6406 View Post
    I think it's also if you are a hard target or a soft target. i have alarm system, cut proof screens, reinforced doors and dogs. Well lit at night. I figure I would have about a minute or so before someone could actually get into the house so I keep my gun where i can get it within a minute so I see no need to carry it at home. Situational awareness also dictates alot. I do everything I can to present myself and my house as a very hard target and hopefully it deters them from even thinking about it
    "Gosh, where do you live that you feel you need all that hardening?" He asked, tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I know, that for the most part, I'm preaching to the choir here... But sometimes, people ask us where on earth we live that we feel we have to have so much security, why we feel the need to carry a gun, At home? REALLY? wow!.... yep.

And this is a great example as to why... and like I said, we aren't all singing the same song.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    "Gosh, where do you live that you feel you need all that hardening?" He asked, tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I know, that for the most part, I'm preaching to the choir here... But sometimes, people ask us where on earth we live that we feel we have to have so much security, why we feel the need to carry a gun, At home? REALLY? wow!.... yep.

And this is a great example as to why... and like I said, we aren't all singing the same song.
    Actually a bit of a story behind the house.

In the early 90's the house i live in was a major drug dealers house he was sent to prison and the house went empty for a few years. I bought it ten years later. I didnt install any of it but its nice to have. From what I understand he didnt "deal" from the house but bought it from the drug profits so the county seized it. The front door takes two grown men to carry.

However, due to illegal immigration and drug dealing citizens, America has become a dangerous place.[/QUOTE]

Especially since our government is financing them with automatic weapons........ie. Eric Holder......IMO.

We live in what is considdered an upscale neighborhood here in NJ.....in the past years we've had a rash of murders and now plagued by the infamous James Bond Gang......google them......you'll see.

If you don't believe in arming yourself around the home and / or carrying +1....your betting against yourself.....hope you've made it right with him.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    America.
    Yep, that is true. To those who can't understand, I tell - "I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." And I don't want to have to try to make sure I can go get it if something goes down. There may not be time.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    At 73 and my wife just turned------- I feel that every place could be a threat of some kind even if it is in my own home. The world is a dangerous place and more cities are in a budget woe so it will take longer to get a LEO to a scene to investigate what happened and I for one will not go easy.
    RichB70 likes this.

Earth
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

As BugDude said in another post and 1MoreGoodGuy; Earth!
    Billb1960 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

The reality is there just isn't any safe neighbourhood anywhere. Some more likely to be unsafe than others, but the potential for crime to occur in places where one woud not think it could happen is always there.

I live in what is considered a safe neighbourhood, however just two blocks to the west is a street riddled with rental places owned by some slum lord. The crime and drugs there are rampant. I have even had two sets of drug thugs in the garage apartment across the alley from me. I used to take a pistol with me when taking out the trash to the can or just coming and going from my garage just because I had to look at the place and knowing how paranoid those types are.

So, yes, I keep a firearm close by just in case the "anytime, anywhere" happens. It could be happening now.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links