Ugly, murder in PA

Ugly, murder in PA

This is a discussion on Ugly, murder in PA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; THIS guy was a friend of mine, we played in an orchestra together for 5 years, swapped hunting stories, and generally I thought he was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ugly, murder in PA

Ugly, murder in PA

THIS guy was a friend of mine, we played in an orchestra together for 5 years, swapped hunting stories, and generally I thought he was a pretty ok guy. I live 100+ miles away so we never hung out but damn, I though he was a decent individual. His hunting ethics were top shelf. I don't know where it went wrong for him, I know he had some health issues this year, he didn't play clarinet with us this season.
    Woman's murder rocks small town - The Potter Leader Enterprise: News
    Very sad...
    Jim

Guy was just plain MAD..........didn't harm anyone else.....he snapped.

Very sad. Prayers for the woman's family. I realize he was your friend, but I have the same amount of sympathy for him as I do Jevon Belcher.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

In the footnote, the FBI raided his house Friday before the shooting and took computers ... This is simply conjecture of course but it could have been (in his mind) a revenge killing for telling the FBI of some crime he was committing.
    dukalmighty likes this.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Administrator
    Whatever it was that was bothering him I guess his thinking was deluded enough that he believed it was important enough to be willing to spend the rest of his life behind bars for an act of murder.

Bye Bye So Long farewell - You made your bed and now it's time to sleep in it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Sorry about your friend... well, that's a figure of speech. I'm really sorry for the woman's family, friends, and loved ones.

A shame this guy cracked and took another person's life.

Prayers sent.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Murdered at church. Anytime, anywhere.

Apparently, they had been divorced for two years. He must have been "stewing" for a long time, then, if it came to this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Update, from what I remember, he caught his wife in bed with another man a few years ago. They got divorced and from what I can gather, it wasn't good. Not saying that it was justified, murder never is but maybe with the top loves of his life gone, his music, his hunting, and his wife, he musta snapped or very calculatedly figured out that 3 squares and healthcare in prison was worth the revenge. I don't know, this is not the Greg I'd performed with. My prayers are with all involved.

Jim

Too bad no one in church had a gun to defend the lady with. Is concealed carry in church prohibited there?

Wasn't his fault, it was the guns fault. (World according to Bob Costas)

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I don't understand why his gun allowed him to do such a thing! Must have been it's idea.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Glhadiator View Post
    Wasn't his fault, it was the guns fault. (World according to Bob Costas)
    Yup. I'm sure the little bugger just crept, quiet-like, from the safe into his hands, whispering in his ear how he should shoot his lady full of holes, all despite his unwillingness to participate in such a heinous act. It's the 9mm's fault. Absolutely.

</group sarcasm>
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Moderators, I'm not sure where the last 3 posters are getting at but it is not the direction this thread needs to be going. Please lock or delete or whatever you deem appropriate. Thank you.

Jim

Sometimes I think our world has gone totally insane. I really don't remember anyone doing something like this years ago, even when there where fewer restrictions on firearms. It just did not happen with the frequency that it seems today.

I am very sorry about your friend "snapping" and killing someone, it makes no sense but whatever is motivating people these days, I really pray we find out and soon.

My mom has a nephew that apparently has been having money troubles, maybe some depression, we don't know, but he shot and killed himself on Monday evening. I got the news via a few forwarded e-mails. Is it the pressures of our "modern society" that pushes people to kill others and themselves? I really do not know.

Some of the people who posted about "it's the guns" fault might be in poor taste, but the idea is of course someone will justify this by saying "if only he didn't have a gun then they would be alive." Maybe not the right place to see it, but I understand what they meant. I would not post like that but I can understand the philosophy.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Just about everyone seems crazy these days.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links