Bob Costas tonight on O'Rielly.......Yikes

This is a discussion on Bob Costas tonight on O'Rielly.......Yikes within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just saw an excerpt taped earlier from the show tonight airing at 8:00 ET.........don't miss this......Costas IMO is mentally ill and he'll prove it tonight.......what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Bob Costas tonight on O'Rielly.......Yikes

Just saw an excerpt taped earlier from the show tonight airing at 8:00 ET.........don't miss this......Costas IMO is mentally ill and he'll prove it tonight.......what say you ?
    Piratesailor and MASSIVE like this.

2. Remove Ads

Saying some pretty dumb things? Yes. Mentally ill? No.

Well wait till you hear his rational of today's gun culture vs Dirty Harry......then later tell me he's not a cliff hanger.....dumb things ? He should have brought a shovel to the show to get out of the hole that's getting deeper......

I have a final exam that starts at 7:30... :[

EDIT: 8:00 Eastern time, 5:00 Pacific time. I am golden!
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

We get to watch two fools argue? Awesome!
    Edward7, Sig 210 and dben002 like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ValpoHawkeye View Post
    Saying some pretty dumb things? Yes. Mentally ill? No.
    I don't know.. O'Reily has a talent for making anybody go insane.
    Hopyard, dben002 and RichB70 like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

NMB
    Two anti gun TV personalities, they really dont have much to argue about.
    Sig 210 and TheConcealer like this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Question

Hey, is the O'Reilly program on streaming internet, anywhere? Or is it a television-only deal? (Haven't done TV for years.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Knowing that he will be on the show, at least this time he has plenty of time to think about what he's going to say and it's not an impromptu. I think he will try and make everyone happy. Personally I don't really care what anyone says as their opinions pale in comparison to the Constitution.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

NMB
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Hey, is the O'Reilly program on streaming internet, anywhere? Or is it a television-only deal? (Haven't done TV for years.)
    Im sure it will be on youtube tomorrow. Ill post it here when I come into work.
    NRA Member

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    If O'Reilly was not on this show I might watch it...but with him there.....no chance.....and Costas has reached his level of incompetence.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

A Dirty Harry Gun Culture................The mere presence of a fire arm is trouble.........he's entitled to his opinions as obscure as they are.....I just don't want to hear them......he wouldn't want a gun to protect himself but would rather hunker down and kiss the floor until the all clear is sounded......Cool.......IMO, he's off the ledge....and NBC should fire the bastage.

I read a response from Costas yesterday in USAToday that he was misunderstood, that he didn't have enough time to clearly express himslf, etc.but then went on to say people shouldn't have semi automatics! What?? It was in their app so I couldn't link it, but it sure didn't help my opinion of him..

No TV here so I'll have to look for it on YouTube in the morning....

I missed it, as I don't watch much of Fox, or MSNBC for that matter. I tend to discard those two extremes and find my news online, although even that is becoming hard to navigate without seeing reporters putting their own spin on things. What ever happened to hard news? I mean just plain, unbiased reporting of actual news events? Of course, I understand and appreciate the concept of the "opinion" piece but when we have networks dedicated almost exclusively to nothing but opinion, I tend to stay away. Let's just say that I like to see "just the facts, ma'am." I'm weird that way.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the Costas interview on youtube. I'm sure it will, at the very least, give us a clearer understanding of the deeper meaning of his rant. Although I find myself somewhat resisting wanting to know his real meaning. I always liked Costas. This experience has already somewhat become the beginning of the end as far as me being a fan. I mean, I respect his right to hold whatever views he has, but the way in which he expressed those views, and the forum he took advantage of, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Am I wrong here? Am I the only one who sees it that way?
    Darrow75 and Sig 210 like this.

NMB
    NRA Member

- C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links