Bad: Woman shot, killed after car, motorized wheelchair bump

This is a discussion on Bad: Woman shot, killed after car, motorized wheelchair bump within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ghost tracker But it does bring up another interesting question. No hijack intended here, but with the ever-increasing proliferation of CCW permit ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bad: Woman shot, killed after car, motorized wheelchair bump

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    But it does bring up another interesting question. No hijack intended here, but with the ever-increasing proliferation of CCW permit holders, aren't we going to have to soon address the question - At what age & under what conditions should a concealed weapon permit be rescinded? After all, I don't let my Mom drive anymore. Not because of her mental-capacity, but rather because of her reflexes, eyesight, hearing, motor-skills, judgement & increasingly retributive disposition.
    That is somewhat answered already in those states which have range tests every few years.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

But it does bring up another interesting question. No hijack intended here, but with the ever-increasing proliferation of CCW permit holders, aren't we going to have to soon address the question - At what age & under what conditions should a concealed weapon permit be rescinded? After all, I don't let my Mom drive anymore. Not because of her mental-capacity, but rather because of her reflexes, eyesight, hearing, motor-skills, judgement & increasingly retributive disposition.
    Everyone who is lucky enough will get older and everyone can't be lumped into the same catagory as the demented or the infirm. The only part of the above mentioned I'll cop to at this time might be the "increasingly retributive disposition".

With age comes even greater need for a gun for self defense.
    Molon labe!
    Ksgunner likes this.

So us old folks shouldn't be allowed to defend our selves?? Just remember if you are lucky enough your turn is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    At least his life sentence for murder should be a pretty short one.
    Good verdict,,, for A BAD INCIDENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    So us old folks shouldn't be allowed to defend our selves?? Just remember if you are lucky enough your turn is coming...
    I just asked a question. My turn is ALREADY HERE! Now get outta' my yard ya' whipper-snapper before I, uh, before I, umm...what were we talkin' about again?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Maybe at his age, he figures the medical care in Prison will be a lot better than Obamacare/Medicare, and he doesn't have to cook nor do laundry.

Maybe, he's tired of being nearly run over in his wheel chair, has a habit of pulling out in front of cars with his wheel chair, and then gets mad when someone is slamming their brakes so they don't run over him..... and he was mad about it .

Maybe, he's cautious about it, and tired of crazy drivers like we all see every day nearly running him over.

Who knows....... not enough information on it. But, it sure doesn't sound like self-defense at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Hard to know for certain, with such thin "eye-witness" reports of what was seen. But at this point it seems very likely to have been an inferred "diss/offense" (the crunch of the chair) followed by proximity that was inferred as threatening by the shooter. Whatever else can be said, I'm guessing he's about to learn the true value of the "reasonable man" standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Everyone who is lucky enough will get older and everyone can't be lumped into the same catagory as the demented or the infirm. The only part of the above mentioned I'll cop to at this time might be the "increasingly retributive disposition".

With age comes even greater need for a gun for self defense.
    Molon labe!

^^^^^I'm in this camp here^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It definitely appears to be a case of "old gezzer getting crotchety" but we don't know all the parameters yet.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links