Shot to death while calling 911 to report armed woman.

This is a discussion on Shot to death while calling 911 to report armed woman. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man Shot While On The Phone With Deputies | KTXL FOX40 A 9-11 call for help was cut short when a man contacted Sheriff deputies ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Shot to death while calling 911 to report armed woman.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Shot to death while calling 911 to report armed woman.

Man Shot While On The Phone With Deputies | KTXL FOX40

A 9-11 call for help was cut short when a man contacted Sheriff deputies for help around 2am Saturday. The man reported that a woman pulled a gun on him and that he was following the woman and another woman in a vehicle. During that call, deputies at the call center could hear gunshots in the background, and then the line was disconnected.

Twenty minutes later, deputies responded to the intersection of Predial Way and Essence Way. When they arrived on scene, they discovered the victim, who sustained numerous gunshot wounds to his upper body. Paramedics pronounced the victim deceased at the scene.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Okay, what's going on here? Someone pulls a gun on the victim and he FOLLOWS them? Has to be more to the story than this. Road rage maybe? I'm telling you from a personal perspective, if someone pulls a gun on me and I'm not armed (which isn't likely), I'm calling 911 from the furthest point away from the gun holder I can manage. It seems that the news lately is loaded with gun incidences that feature drunken rage and stupidity.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Yep, dumb. I would want them caught, but I'm not keeping myself in danger to make it happen.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

mkh
    Give the 911 operator the car type and tag then get as far away as possible. All they need is the info. They don't need you hanging around to point out the BGs until the situation has been neutralized.

VIP Member
    We may never know the whole story here but it brings up a good point. Often we agree on "being a good witness and calling 911". Being that good witness and/or calling 911 might make you a target for the BG. He may re-direct his rage toward you.

I'm not making any suggestions other than dont forget to watch out for yourself.
    oneshot and Jeanlouise like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

She probably thought he was attacking her and following her to attack again.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Uh, that was just stupid following someone who pulls a gun on ya. Speed and distence are your FRIENDS.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Here is a link to a follow up to this story;

Shooting Cuts 911 Call Short | KTXL FOX40

From article;
    Road rage is believed to have started the whole incident, investigators note. Apparently, a man started following around two women in the area just after 2 a.m. As the man continued to follow them, one of the women called a Jones, a relative of hers.

Jones then drove to the area to confront the man. Soon, the man called 9-1-1 for help, reporting that a car had pulled up alongside him. Shots were heard and the call soon disconnected.
    END

The victim was shot by a MALE friend/relative of one of the women that he was following.
    He was probably following them to get the plate #, she called this Jones character, and he came out and shot the guy.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member
    Driving around, following two gals at 2AM... sounds to me like the "victim" was up to no good to begin with.
    MrsHB likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's carrying "Calling 911 and being a good witness" too far.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    did I read this right? 20 minute response time on this type of call??
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    did I read this right? 20 minute response time on this type of call??
    If someone is following another in a car, sure. It took me almost that long to find my robbery victim last night. He kept driving around looking for the suspect that just jacked him for his cell phone. Dispatch kept telling him to just stop, but he wouldnt.

If your wife calls and says "i got a flat tire, come help"....then hangs up. How long will it take to find her? The news report always likes to throw those long response times in there. It's often unavoidable.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

This makes me think of the Texas Buglary Suspect that ended up calling 911 because the Homeowner had caught him and was holding him at gunpoint, waiting for the Police to arrive and give him a ride to the Gray Bar Hotel.

How ignat do Criminals have to be, to think that they need to dial 911 when their evil deeds go bad and they find themselves confronted by armed victiims.

Sounds like this guy found a victim with and Armed Jones willing to shoot him.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    The shooter was arrested and faces homicide charges.

Senior Moderator
    di
    d I read this right? 20 minute response time on this type of call??
    Where I am located I'd be tickled pink to get a 20 minute response.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links