Interesing scenario: Growing pot, but killed two intruders...

This is a discussion on Interesing scenario: Growing pot, but killed two intruders... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OldVet So I was robbing this bank, you see, and one of the guards pulls a gun on me, so I had ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Interesing scenario: Growing pot, but killed two intruders...

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    So I was robbing this bank, you see, and one of the guards pulls a gun on me, so I had to defend myself. He'd still be alive if he hadn't threatened me with his piece. I didn't do anything to him to start it either. I was minding my own business with the teller at the time...

What? I can't claim self defence?
    Not quite the same sittuation. Your point is clear, but overly general. I don't think it should matter what you have in your house, if two masked men break in and start shooting at you, you should have the right to shoot back as long as the masks are not accompanied by SWAT uniforms and a whole team, badges, lights and all that go with it.

And then the police that show up to clean up the mess have the right to prosecute you for what they saw while there, as seems to be the case in this instance.
    Walk softly ...

2. Remove Ads

Perhaps the best way is: always have a right to legitimate, justifiable self-defense, just as anyone else does; always be open to charges for unlawful activities, if you choose to engage in them; and if your own operations/actions draw down the wrath of others (even competitors seeking to swipe your stash/haul/whatever) ... tough.
    CanuckQue likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

OldVet,

You need to watch, "Reefer Madness." Remember, it isn't a spoof, it was produced by a church group as an "outreach film" (read: propaganda"). They actually do a very good job of establishing exactly what the War on Drugs is all about (unintentionally of course):

Racism
    Ignorance
    Greed

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Oldvet:

It's a common street opinion that the original laws against marijuana were fairly based in racist thinking, and that the 'blacks' and 'hispanics' were made more dangerous by having access to pot. The fear campaign (that might be too strong of a word, but all new efforts to criminalise something will be based somewhat on fear) is believed to have too much racism, and thus the fear campaign would not be similarly possible today.

There are many decent arguments against MJ laws (and quite a few bad ones, obviously, but we always try to focus on the good arguments), and an historical foundation of racism is a good one.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Re: Interesing scenario: Growing pot, but killed two intruders...

I wonder how it would work with a drug dealer on the street who gets held up. Could he claim self defense if he killed somebody trying to rob him of his illicit goods?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

That one's much easier, unless the possession of the drugs falls under a felony classification or if the dealing can be proven.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links