Boys 7 & 11 attempt armed robbery Oregon - Page 2

Boys 7 & 11 attempt armed robbery Oregon

This is a discussion on Boys 7 & 11 attempt armed robbery Oregon within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ya know, we wonder what the world's coming to.... even when we know it's gonna happen....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Boys 7 & 11 attempt armed robbery Oregon

Ya know, we wonder what the world's coming to.... even when we know it's gonna happen.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I wonder why they were released? Isn't armed robbery a crime?
    According to the information I read the police basically said that the juvenile justice facility wasn't designed to handle kids that young.

"If they were old enough, they'd be booked into the jail and charged with a Measure 11 robbery one, which would land them 90 months in prison. They're too young for that," Simpson said. "They're not set up at the Juvenile Justice Center to be able to handle 11- and 7-year olds, so officers took them home to parents to explain the situation to them."
    http://www.kgw.com/news/Two-boys-age...182741311.html

::QUOTE=RevolvingMag;2483501]Yeah... Some kids just need to be beaten.

I'm thinking those two kinda need it. A lot.[/QUOTE]

To inches of there lives

Good thing they didn't kill somebody,then the Cops could have taken them out for an ice cream cone!
    blitzburgh likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

OH but what an outcry there would have been if the young woman they attempted to carjack had pulled her own gun and blown the little scum bag away.
    blitzburgh and JoJoGunn like this.

I apologize. I didn’t realize there was already a thread running on this subject.

Bad Seeds
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

You can bet that these misfits have unlimited access to all the moronic video games available to kids that have no real parental supervision. Add to that the violence in movies and on TV and no wonder some kids are conditioned to violence. They probably have never heard the word NO either.

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Wow! Some parental supervision!
    niks likes this.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Boy's family lives next door to the church, and the boy has attended youth group there. Father says boy has written letter of apology, but the church has not received it.
    This kid just needs a cage early and often.
    niks likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Those boys are headed for a very short future.

This whole story has disturbed me all day!

Apparently in their state they don't arrest 11 year olds according to one of the articles - WHAT?! Now I can see a non violent offense the kid gets turned over to the parent, but an attempted carjacking, attempted robbery - WITH A LOADED HANDGUN?! Yeah, 11 year olds have been arrested for less down here in FL - those punks would have been in the back of the police car. If not arrest - how about removing them from the parents - especially after the 11 yr old shows back up while the news crew is there with the victim! Parents sure don't have a handle on where the kid is then either! Where the heck the the 11 yr old get the gun in the first place? There are so many things that don't add up, and others that just get my blood boiling!

The worst part is if the parents did give the boys the whopping they earned and deserve, I can see the parent being arrested on child abuse charges. Redicioulous.

They must think that the video game approach to life is real. Unfortunately they might find out fairly soon that multiple 9mm's to the torso are also very real, that not all intended victims choose to simply roll over and take it, and not all judges are going to allow such idiots to see the light of day once their actions begin to so clearly harm everyone around them. (Then again, it is Portland. )

Here's a "Christmas" wish: that their parent get a clue, some clue, to help right the listing ship before it goes under. If they don't, we will.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    After the boys were caught, officers returned the boys to their families, but the 11-year-old tried to escape his parents' house, police said. Officers later caught him.
    I have a feeling the officers will be seeing these degenerates quite often.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Re: Boys 7 & 11 attempt armed robbery Oregon

They should definitely been hauled off. And id be investigating their parents. Heres a newsflash. If your 11 year old is going around trying to carjack people at gunpoint, you are doing something wrong.

On a side note (not trying to thread jack), how would you have handled that as a legal citizen who conceal carries?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links