Boys 7 & 11 attempt armed robbery Oregon - Page 3

Boys 7 & 11 attempt armed robbery Oregon

This is a discussion on Boys 7 & 11 attempt armed robbery Oregon within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 7 And 11 Are you kidding me. WOW!!!!! whats this world coming to. I remember doing a few things not near as bad as that. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Boys 7 & 11 attempt armed robbery Oregon

7 And 11 Are you kidding me. WOW!!!!! whats this world coming to. I remember doing a few things not near as bad as that. And when I got my beating weather from my mom or dad. Id thought the wrath of god came down on me.

Re: Boys 7 & 11 attempt armed robbery Oregon

It says an awful lot... About the kid AND his parents, that he had the stones (or plain stupidity) to show his mug at the interview of the victim...

We'll be reading about him again.

Shame, that.... So much promise in youth... So much to see wasted in this one.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

As a legal CPL holder, if the opportunity presented itself, i'd have taken it and pulled the trigger. I have read in many places, and seen several shows with research supporting young children being even more dangerous than adults, as their views of ethics and morality are almost non-existent in some cases.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Pick a grown-up profession, you should get a grown-up's punishment (for the 11 year old at least)
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    I bet these 2 kids come from really messed up families. What little 7 year old knows to say, "show her the piece"? l bet his "parents" are somewhere between gang bangers and drug dealers. They don't have a prayer for growing up decently. They're disposable kids. Sad really, and scary for what it means for the rest of us.
    niks likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    As a legal CPL holder, if the opportunity presented itself, i'd have taken it and pulled the trigger. I have read in many places, and seen several shows with research supporting young children being even more dangerous than adults, as their views of ethics and morality are almost non-existent in some cases.
    You have a stash of cash around? While the child may have been 10X more dangerous than any adult, including meth heads, taking the "opportunity" would have cost you everything! Even if you were justified. And my bet is you'd wanna leave town even if you were completely exonerated.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    You have a stash of cash around? While the child may have been 10X more dangerous than any adult, including meth heads, taking the "opportunity" would have cost you everything! Even if you were justified. And my bet is you'd wanna leave town even if you were completely exonerated.
    You may be right only because the average American doesn't know or won't admit what Vietnam vets learned, to paraphrase TheConcealer, kids and women can be at least as dangerous as men.
    msgt/ret and RAL like this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

These little thug-seeds need a visit to Singapore.
    OldVet, mprp and JoJoGunn like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    These little thug-seeds need a visit to Singapore.
    Caning! Now, there's a thought!
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I'm sometimes a bit amazed when I read responses to things like this . ......

Parents that gave the 10 yr old a .22 rilfe last year for Christmas, and who a couple of days later shot both parents in the head while they were sleeping, killing them.

Or, the 14 year old that hit his mother in the head 20 + times, stabbed her 27 times, then tried strangling her... and when she still wasn't dying quick enough.... put her in a bathtub and drowned her.

Kids... as young as 7 yrs old ARE selling drugs, etc. Some are 7 going on 17. Some have grown up seeing a lot of violence and a gun is the way to get those things you want, but someone else has.

In this case, they were 2 stupid kids, and seemed to think it was kewl to have a gun and that it gave them some "power" to do what they wanted, including taking a 22 yr olds car. They didn't stick the gun in her face nor directly point it at her and threaten her with it. But, if they had...... then what ?

I think you have to respond to what you evaluate is going on, who's doing it, and if it's a 'real' threat or not ...... but, I'm not sure age is the overall controlling factor.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Some are 7 going on 666.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

No, I don't, I rarely ever have cash on me. But I do always have my life with me, and I don't enjoy giving anyone the benefit of the doubt when it's on the line. I am a college student and really have nothing to lose BUT my life. I would much rather live and deal with the consequences. If I end up having to leave town, so be it, it's not my favorite place anyway.

And to clarify, I would only react with force if my life was in danger, it sounds like the 22 year old woman never actually had the gun pointed at her, so applause to her for leaving the scene safely.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

New Member Array Caddywompous02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    Y'know.. when I was 7 or 11, if I did what these little punks did, my old man would have beaten me to within inches of my life.... and I would have deserved it.
    These days just raising your voice to your kids results DHHS representatives, most of which have never been parents, investigating you for child abuse.

Sigh.

Agreed...It wouldn;t have just been my old man...my family would have been lined up behind him waiting to knock some sense into whatever was left of me when he finished.

Considering the parental supervision these kids are receiving, I’m glad the POLICE took that gun away. I hope they don't have access to others. One wonders . . .
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

It says an awful lot... About the kid AND his parents, that he had the stones (or plain stupidity) to show his mug at the interview of the victim...

We'll be reading about him again.

Shame, that.... So much promise in youth... So much to see wasted in this one.
    Nothing to fear. Attempted armed robbery and carjacking just got him a ride to the crib. He's going to either end up getting himself killed or killing somebody else real soon.

I mean, why not do it again? It's not like he learned his lesson by being locked up or disciplined at all for the crime and now he KNOWS he wont be locked up. Give it a week or so..
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links