Teenager Shoots Woman Over a Cigarette

This is a discussion on Teenager Shoots Woman Over a Cigarette within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ghost tracker I think dis(respect)ing an individual is perfectly acceptable. It means, at least in your eyes, they HAVEN'T EARNED IT! And ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Teenager Shoots Woman Over a Cigarette

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I think dis(respect)ing an individual is perfectly acceptable. It means, at least in your eyes, they HAVEN'T EARNED IT! And to give unearned respect, because of fear of the repercussions if you don't, is providing the thug-bullies EXACTLY what they want, unearned respect governed by fear. Respect is earned, not threatened.
    In the sense that not giving respect <> giving disrespect, I agree with you. Respect is earned. Simply not giving it isn't "asking for it," escalation or anything else.

That said, more and more it seems the only "respect" these murderous, robbing cretins believe in is as their homeys see it. They must all have different dictionaries at home ... Merriam-Webster's Thuggery & Skullduggery: A Guide to Alternate Meanings and Street Idiom / Getting In Touch With Your Inner 'Thug'.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Just another example of the slimy punk scum young people that are growing in numbers. They have been brought up with little or no strict parental supervision. They grow up thinking they are entitled to anything without working. Once in court, the slime shooter in this case will be portrayed a good boy that was trying to turn his life around and looking for work to support his family. I'd really like to see his life turn around to the tune of about 30 years in a cell in close proximity to a bad boy named Bubba or Mongo. Actually, too bad the punishment won't fit the crime. He commited an adult crime, he should have adult punishment. I don't wanna support this guy forever.

Merriam-Webster's Thuggery & Skullduggery: A Guide to Alternate Meanings and Street Idiom / Getting In Touch With Your Inner 'Thug'.
    Hahaha, if thugs read books this would probably be a hot seller.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    ... Merriam-Webster's Thuggery & Skullduggery: A Guide to Alternate Meanings and Street Idiom / Getting In Touch With Your Inner 'Thug'.
    That's all well & good ccw9mm. I've seen your posted comments over the years and certainly give you all due respect. IMHO, you're welcome to become a Kentuckian simply by changing your address. But I'll not change my already crowded reading-list just so I might better comprehend the mind of a thug. If they want to survive where I live, it's up to them to...hit the books! "Cause I'll drop 'em like a bad habit, and so will most of the rational people I know.
    AngryBadger417 and JoJoGunn like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

A punk being pissed for me dissin' him changes RADICALLY with him being so distressed by my supposed insult that his next action puts me or my family in mortal danger. Yes, I believe I am capable of then...dropping him like a hot horseshoe. He has, by his own decision, moved from punk to predator. i'll kill him if I can.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopinator View Post
    Would any of you been able to draw and fire your weapon at/on a 'kid' that pulls a gun on you or your loved one? I live in a pretty bad neighborhood...I ask myself that question occasionally. We recently had a little teenage thug-rat run over a guy for 'dissing' him near my location...

Just food for thought.
    While it would be difficult to drop the hammer on a kid I am 62 years old and plan to die of old age I would not hesitate.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopinator View Post
    Would any of you been able to draw and fire your weapon at/on a 'kid' that pulls a gun on you or your loved one? I live in a pretty bad neighborhood...I ask myself that question occasionally. We recently had a little teenage thug-rat run over a guy for 'dissing' him near my location...

Just food for thought.
    What a strange first post.

Welcome to the forum.

To answer your question...I sure hope so. If anyone tries to kill me or my family, I hope I am able to neutralize the threat before this criminal kills 1MoreGoodGuy or his family.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    On another thread someone did not think anyone had been killed over a candy bar, and though I don't have any statistics, I bet it has happened. I don't smoke and have never purchased a cigarette, so I have no idea what one costs, but the price of one cigarette is, in this instance, the worth of a human life. Sad!
    My exact words:

People commit armed robbery for candy bars? (I guess if I searched google enough, I could find a case, but still) Also, how does Roberts know that after they get what they want, no shots will be fired? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Where did I say "I didn't think somebody has been killed over a candy bar"? The gist of my post was, sure it's probably happened, but it's not a common motive.

You pretty much said the same thing as I did (if I searched Google enough, I could find a case(s)/though you don't have any statistics, you bet it has happened).

Please don't put words in my mouth.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    Hahaha, if thugs read books this would probably be a hot seller.
    "Thugs" do read books. Hell, there's probably a good amount of them reading this forum. It really does make me laugh when people automatically assume thugs, gang members, etc. (call 'em what you wish) are illiterate and whatnot. Not all of them are "stupid" far as intelligence, regardless of the "stupid" decisions they chose in life.

Of course, YMMV, but in my experiences, the majority of serious gang members, drug dealers, and thugs, frequent forums such as this, read the same books as "we" do, take the same training courses "we" do, join the military (and even come back home and teach other members what they learned from their military training), want to know what the "best" weapons are, the "best" holsters to carry said weapons, and so on. I'm sure you get the point by now.

What I find so funny about it is the same people who swear their SA is always on high (not you specifically, I'm not singling anybody out) fail to be aware of the fact that they, too, are in search of the best SD/HD methods and tools, just as we are and could easily blend into the atmosphere of forums like this and are very much so amongst "us".

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Well for one, you keep going on about a story about someone being killed over a candy bar, and early in this thread I posted a link to a story fitting those exact parameters.

As far as thugs go, maybe you have more experience with them than I do, but the ones I have encountered and went to high school with are absolute idiots. I am not saying there aren't intelligent criminals out there, of course there are. But I would say the majority are idiots.
    NRA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    Well for one, you keep going on about a story about someone being killed over a candy bar, and early in this thread I posted a link to a story fitting those exact parameters.

As far as thugs go, maybe you have more experience with them than I do, but the ones I have encountered and went to high school with are absolute idiots. I am not saying there aren't intelligent criminals out there, of course there are. But I would say the majority are idiots.
    How do I keep going on about a story where somebody was killed over a candy bar when I said I'd have to use Google to even find one? Please do tell and feel free to quote me, cuz I'd like to see it too. Won't find it, cuz you're making junk up.

I was correcting the words somebody decided to put into my mouth.

You are correct. I first read RAL's post when he/she was referring to you, and that was when I initially posted the link to the story, not knowing the background conversation between you two. I then saw another reference to it halfway through the thread, and again here on page six.

Excuse me. The fact your original post inferred that armed robbery over a candy bar was rare inclined me to provide the link and show that it could, and has gone even farther. But I do understand the point you are trying to make to RAL.
    NRA

VIP Member
    I should of been more clear in my original post about the candy bar thing. No problems, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I should of been more clear in my original post about the candy bar thing. No problems, bro.
    You're a class act blitz. Nicest semi-yankee I know.

RAL
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    How do I keep going on about a story where somebody was killed over a candy bar when I said I'd have to use Google to even find one? Please do tell and feel free to quote me, cuz I'd like to see it too. Won't find it, cuz you're making junk up.

I was correcting the words somebody decided to put into my mouth.
    I am sorry blitzburgh that I was unable to quote you exactly. I could not remember which thread I had been reading to get the exact quote. I did not know I was having an argument with you. I am sorry I offended you.
    Last edited by RAL; December 13th, 2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: word typed twice
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links