Teenager Shoots Woman Over a Cigarette

This is a discussion on Teenager Shoots Woman Over a Cigarette within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 22 year old woman fatally shot by a teenager because her and her boyfriend refused to give the 3 teenagers a cigarette and told them ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Teenager Shoots Woman Over a Cigarette

Teenager Shoots Woman Over a Cigarette

22 year old woman fatally shot by a teenager because her and her boyfriend refused to give the 3 teenagers a cigarette and told them to get a job.

Teens Ask for Smoke, Kill Woman When She Replies "Get a Job": Cops | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Young Teens Kill Woman After She Refuses To Give Them A Cigarette, Tells Them To ‘Get A Job’ | Mediaite
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

When I was that young all I wanted was to make the baseball squad, get my drivers license, and to find out where the fish were biting....... AND I had access to my dad's guns.

13 and 14 year olds bumming smokes, and then killing someone who 'dissed' them when they told them 'no'. All I got is treat 'em like adults for this.
    ccw9mm, msgt/ret, mano3 and 5 others like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Worthless little drags on society. I hope all 3 go away for life. Yeah, fat chance.

Poor girl.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

And what REALLY chaps my...uh, scorches my shorts is that the little weasel punks will soon be portrayed by the media as victims of a society where guns are...too easy to get! And Bob Costas will, from the peanut gallery, spew that it all could have been prevented if the woman had just been...more generous with her cigarettes!
    P5, darbo, sixgun and 3 others like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    The teens became incensed when the woman tried to stop them from requesting a cigarette from her boyfriend, and at least one of the teenagers resorted to fatal violence to resolve the confrontation.
    Some people just need shootin', and it wasn't her.
    darbo, sixgun, BurgerBoy and 1 others like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    And what REALLY chaps my...uh, scorches my shorts is that the little weasel punks will soon be portrayed by the media as victims of a society where guns are...too easy to get! And Bob Costas will, from the peanut gallery, spew that it all could have been prevented if the woman had just been...more generous with her cigarettes!
    Yeah, if would-be victims would only give peddlers/robbers/whomever whatever they want. The victims here only escalated things and therefore caused the crime. Sickening, to think that many will likely take this exactly line.

Not that I agree that her "get a job" remark was likely to result in anything good, but it's hardly what caused the problem. Looks like these little murderers were just waiting to feel "dissed" by someone. It was only a matter of time before they used something as an excuse to "teach the person a lesson."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Well, you know how guns kill all by themselves. There should be more laws. I blame the NRA. /sarcasm
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

5 bucks said the shooter just had a gun in his hands for the first time and wanted to see what it felt like to shoot somebody.
    mano3 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I never have been rude. Usually I lie and say "sorry I don't smoke" (unless it's obvious that I am), or sorry I don't have one, or if the situation seems ok and I can reach my smokes without compromising my SA I might even share one. What's the cost? Even if they swipe the whole pack from me I'm out $5 tops. Telling someone to get a job is only going to rile them up and won't do a single thing to convince them to actually get a Job.
    The Stupid things, stupid people, stupid places rule applies here. I switched gas stations and encounter less beggers now, but you can't always avoid them entirely, which leads to stupid things - no need to say stupid things. We also have stupid people, why was she sticking her nose out when they were only asking her boyfriend for a smoke? Boyfriend can say yes or no, his choice and it wasn't hurting him - no need for her to throw her 2cents in. You can't just walk around talking trash to everyone you don't like and expect it not to catch up with you sooner or later. Not saying she deserved to get shot, just that the way she was acting made it more likely - if not some kids today, another street thug down the line unless she learned to shut up.

Dangerous world we live in, fact of life. Choose your words wisely.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 11th, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Some people just need shootin', and it wasn't her.
    Sorry to admit it, but stories like this (almost) make me (almost) wish these sort of inner-city, bad-assed teen thugs would mistakenly wander into lesser populated areas of our country where these sorts of behaviors are seen in...an entirely different light.

"No Sheriff, I haven't seen anyone out here. What'd you say they looked like?"
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

^^ Tala, good points. Percentages of a reaction definitely went up when she got her back up. Not that she deserved being murdered, but it certainly changed the odds of bad things happening.

A good lesson for us all.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

RAL
    On another thread someone did not think anyone had been killed over a candy bar, and though I don't have any statistics, I bet it has happened. I don't smoke and have never purchased a cigarette, so I have no idea what one costs, but the price of one cigarette is, in this instance, the worth of a human life. Sad!
    Last edited by RAL; December 11th, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: spelling
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    I don't smoke and have never purchased a cigarette, so I have no idea what one costs, but the price of one cigarette is, in this instance, the worth of a human life. Sad!
    Viewed another way, one could say the cost of that "get a job" comment was "priceless."

No way of telling, though, whether the approach and request to bum a cig was actually a prelude to a robbery/murder, or just what it appeared to be. The little murderer was awfully quick to respond. I'm assuming we'll hear some story soon enough, from confessions.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

mkh
    Her comment may have escalated the situation but my guess is that these punks were looking to impress people with their gun and she may have gotten shot anyway.
    Ksgunner likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Rudeness begets rudeness. Wasn't there, don't know what was otherwise said, but I haven't found it neessary to be snippy with the homeless, the panhandlers, or someone asking to bum a cigerette. Maybe things would have ended differently had she politely said no and let it go at that. But now some little twirp has to be hunted down and brought to justice.
    Doghandler likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links