UGLY:Officer shoots, kills man who walked into Academy Sports with rifle

This is a discussion on UGLY:Officer shoots, kills man who walked into Academy Sports with rifle within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by sfchemist When bringing in a firearm for some kind of service at the Billings, MT Cabela's, one stops by a special booth ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: UGLY:Officer shoots, kills man who walked into Academy Sports with rifle

Quote Originally Posted by sfchemist View Post
    When bringing in a firearm for some kind of service at the Billings, MT Cabela's, one stops by a special booth to have the weapon logged in and a trigger guard is then attached. Easy peasy...

If carrying a concealed weapon, with a license, then one is free to carry it inside the store without any fuss.

I was in Academy here in TX today, walking around freely with my weapon - concealed and legal of course. No signs on the entrance.

I don't think they (Academy) are trying to infringe on your rights, just that if you bring in a weapon to be worked on, it makes everyone feel better if they can secure it with a zip-tie or whatever. I'm sure everyone most likely will understand that.

2. Remove Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links