Good - 1 Million Pistol Packing Geriatrics - Page 2

Good - 1 Million Pistol Packing Geriatrics

This is a discussion on Good - 1 Million Pistol Packing Geriatrics within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I could not agree more, JoJo. What is really disturbing is how, over time, sheep become indoctrinated to the thought of 'rights' vs. 'privelages'. Most ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Good - 1 Million Pistol Packing Geriatrics

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I could not agree more, JoJo.
    What is really disturbing is how, over time, sheep become indoctrinated to the thought of 'rights' vs. 'privelages'. Most consider a drivers license a privelage, but truthfully it's a right. We shouldn't need a license to drive a vehicle we pay for on roads that are built by our own tax dollars, using money we earned to buy the gas and maintain the vehicle. But over time it's been referred to as a privelage so people think it's a privelage; it's not, it's a right.

Same thing for gun ownership. I have the right to buy one, maintain it and use it lawfully and responsibly. I shouldn't need a permit.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    First, I understand the OP was kidding, but I never make comments that question the across the board weapons ability of any age group that could be used by the anti gun groups. As of November 30th there has been 985,143 Concealed Weapons Firearms Licenses (CWFL) issued of which 117,595 were from out of state. I am quite sure there are many people of all ages with CWFL's that have only minimum training, but not all fall into this category. As for the old folks, on average us old folks, 60+, in my group of fellow shooters all have a minimum of 30 years of shooting experience, I have 60+, and have had a CWFL for at least five years, I have had my Florida CWFL since 1987 but have been carrying since retiring in 1977. Of those in my group that had no military training have attended the NRA basic handgun course, both home protection courses and the rifle courses. Blue hair? Yes two of our ladies have light blue hair and both are experts with their EDC guns. My extensive weapons training and on the job use of the weapons in peace and war was paid for by the taxpayers over a 24 year period, and I thank them. Just my rant for the day.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

From the article, quoting Kristen Rand, legislative director of the Violence Policy Center:

“We have looked at enough of these cases to see this mindset that concealed carry seems to create. You see that pattern over and over and over again -- people get into an altercation over a parking space or just garden-variety disputes that then escalate."

Really? So they think they can read our minds now? If they were really interested in learning the truth, I would tell them that since obtaining my carry license I have become much more tolerant of other people's stupidity. If someone takes a parking space that I thought I was going to zip into, I would let them have it, knowing that something as trivial as a parking space is not worth an altercation which may turn violent. And I know I am not alone in this. I have spoken to many CCW license holders who feel the same as I do. I would even go so far as to say that we are in the vast majority of license holders.

The anti's always want to cry that the sky is falling, and that places that allow for law abiding citizens to carry a firearm will become like the old "wild west," with rampant shootings and duels in the middle of the street, and they will play up any incident of violence that they think will bolster their claims. However you will never hear them say that the number of illegal shootings by law abiding license holders is very very low. You will never hear about all of the incidents where a violent attack was thwarted by a license holder. Why will you never hear them speak of these things? Because it disproves their "sky is falling" claims. As long as they can continue to call the firearm the most evil thing ever invented, and they can successfully paint gun owners and CCW license holders as "gun nuts" then they honestly feel they are doing what they can to deal with the issue of violent crime. Never mind the fact that violent crime has actually gone down in states that have enacted carry laws. I have to give them credit for one thing. They never let facts get in the way of their irrational fears.
    Jeanlouise and JoJoGunn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    “We have looked at enough of these cases to see this mindset that concealed carry seems to create. You see that pattern over and over and over again -- people get into an altercation over a parking space or just garden-variety disputes that then escalate."
    Really? So they think they can read our minds now?

Good point. Of course, their "investigation" is of a self-selecting group of criminals, those folks who opted to criminally assault others.

We, the People, have looked at enough of such "self-selecting investigations" to see the mindset that statistical shell games seems to create: a belief one has every right to sway opinion based on false premises and conjecture.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links