BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown - Page 17

BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

This is a discussion on BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Fohwtbs? So what should we discuss with the CT shooting?...

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree765Likes

Thread: BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

Fohwtbs? So what should we discuss with the CT shooting?
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Hedimitrius View Post
    Look at Israeli schools. This teacher look like dirty harry?

If ever I heard a stupid stereotype, it was that people who carry guns can't teach kids. Back when you were a kid the threat of 20 of your classmates getting gunned down was probably also very hard to imagine, but times have changed. I'd like to think that if one of your "middle age teachers" had a sidearm she may have prevented needless death. Not to mention that going into a school to shoot people might happen less if one in every 30 people there were armed.

I'm seriously thinking about pulling my 5 year old and 10 year old from school and home schooling them.
    Not to sound nuts but my kid is almost time for pre-school and I'm making the sacrifice and decision to home school her. I'm not allowing anyone to have the option at harming my child. I also believe those who choose to homeschool should not have to pay taxes for public schools as we could use that money for our homeschooling costs.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    hasnt stopped this president from signing executive orders. He doesn't seem to understand separation of powers
    Oh, here we go again. EOs are directives from a president to the agencies which he is responsible for. They are
    not directives to Congress, the courts, to state governments, or to ordinary citizens. Every President signs many of
    them on all manner of subject matter.

They are not law; EOs don't make new law. Of course a presidents signs EOs. That is how he accomplishes his job as
    the nation's Chief Executive--- EOs are a red herring issue not worthy of a second thought. Every last one of them must
    conform to the letter of the law. For example, a president can't simply direct the IRS to seize the bank accounts of
    some company. That would be an unlawful EO because such seizures aren't provided for in law and would happen without
    due process.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    Not to sound nuts but my kid is almost time for pre-school and I'm making the sacrifice and decision to home school her. I'm not allowing anyone to have the option at harming my child. I also believe those who choose to homeschool should not have to pay taxes for public schools as we could use that money for our homeschooling costs.
    As far as home schooling I beleive there have been more home invasions than shootings at public schools.

Wrong about not paying taxes. You sound like some old folks that don't want to pay a portion of their taxes because their kids don't go to school anymore

Not that you get many snow days in SC, should you not have to pay taxes for snow removal on the days that you decide to stay home?

You can't protect your kids forever, even while they are young. There are activities and social events you may not be able to be right with your children. Ubless you do not want to let your kids out of your sight.

Home schooling is good though. We considered it. But we sacrificed and found good Christian schools to put my son in.

There was a shooting at a mall recently. Will you still go there?
    Hopyard and msgt/ret like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Fohwtbs? So what should we discuss with the CT shooting?
    Are you serious?

The kids, what we can do to somehow limit these tragic events, perhaps donations, etc. That's what should be discussed.

Not the president that's for sure, I have to wonder about any man or men who constantly think about another man and what that particular man is up to on a daily basis.
    Ogien and Hopyard like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Oh, here we go again. EOs are directives from a president to the agencies which he is responsible for. They are
    not directives to Congress, the courts, to state governments, or to ordinary citizens. Every President signs many of
    them on all manner of subject matter.

They are not law; EOs don't make new law. Of course a presidents signs EOs. That is how he accomplishes his job as
    the nation's Chief Executive--- EOs are a red herring issue not worthy of a second thought. Every last one of them must
    conform to the letter of the law. For example, a president can't simply direct the IRS to seize the bank accounts of
    some company. That would be an unlawful EO because such seizures aren't provided for in law and would happen without
    due process.
    and until the Eo is challenged,it stands. What's happened with the fast and furious Eo?
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    and until the Eo is challenged,it stands. What's happened with the fast and furious Eo?
    I'm sorry, but I think you don't exactly understand how our government works.
    BritishAgent likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

OD*
    Everybody is whining about gun control, what we can ban, what we can limit, not a damned soul is talking about the root cause of these mass murderers. Hey, what we need to ban is first-person shooter games! (yeah, that's sarcasm)
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by ExaltedOne View Post
    Are you serious?

The kids, what we can do to somehow limit these tragic events, perhaps donations, etc. That's what should be discussed.

Not the president that's for sure, I have to wonder about any man or men who constantly think about another man and what that particular man is up to on a daily basis.
    what is fohwtbs? Donations to limit a psychotic event? Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think you don't exactly understand how our government works.
    i do, how it is supposed to work.

OD*
    Take it to PM, if you girls are gonna fight.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Not going to fight,but not a professional response from a mod. OMO.
    ExaltedOne likes this.

Professional, maybe not. Deserved, pretty much.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

How is a disagreement, respectfully voiced,a fight,deserving of name calling?
    1MoreGoodGuy and ExaltedOne like this.

OD*
    Not going to fight,but not a professional response from a mod. OMO.
    I'm not a professional, I don't get paid.

Really, you were a Marine and your DI never referred to the recruits as "girls" in jest?

Sponsored Links