BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

This is a discussion on BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; the fact is, unless we have checkpoints and walls seperating each state from another, strong gun control laws don't really keep a society safer. gun ...

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree765Likes

Thread: BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

the fact is, unless we have checkpoints and walls seperating each state from another, strong gun control laws don't really keep a society safer.

gun laws have to be nation-wide to cause a serious reduction in crime. Just ask Britain, Ireland, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, France, Finland, etc etc..

2. Remove Ads

How could anyone rationally discuss gun laws with an administration who just gave 2,000 weapons to mexican criminals to use.....are you kiddin' me ?

Realize this....this haneous crime was committed by a mentally ill adult who had access to legally owned and registered guns.....the only way to stop this type of attacks at these defensless locations.....Malls, Schools, Theatres is to secure them buy armed security.....IMO, there should be a LEO at every school during school hours.....Mall security should be armed with more than a radio and OC spray.....same with security at public events and movie theatres......times have changed since I was growing up and our security levels must change along with them.......GET IT.
    BurgerBoy and msgt/ret like this.

BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post

gun laws have to be nation-wide to cause a serious reduction in crime. Just ask Britain, Ireland, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, France, Finland, etc etc..
    You do realize that since 1994 the Homicide rate in the USA is less than 1/2 what it was with 1/3 more people in the USA ? Do you realize that the total number of prevented crimes by guns is 1.4 million? Do you not consider the number of mass killings prevented by Citizens with guns?

What will these nationwide gun laws do? How do you measure them? Is the goal zero gun crime?

Don't fall into the trap that "reasonable Gun Control is a good idea. We just want to make sure that bad people can't get guns. "

Make no mistake, they want us disarmed. We peasants are too dangerous to be trusted.

To deal with the straw man arguments substitute. "Gun Violence is indeed horrible as is all violence. We need more access to Mental Health for everyone. "

We have laws. They are broken and do nothing to stop these crimes. All you are doing is giving up your constitution rights now and forever. Why? As a law abiding citizen in a free society how are you a threat to anyone ? Are you not an asset?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    You do realize that since 1994 the Homicide rate in the USA is less than 1/2 what it was with 1/3 more people in the USA ? Do you realize that the total number of prevented crimes by guns is 1.4 million? Do you not consider the number of mass killings prevented by Citizens with guns?

What will these nationwide gun laws do? How do you measure them? Is the goal zero gun crime?

Don't fall into the trap that "reasonable Gun Control is a good idea. We just want to make sure that bad people can't get guns. "

Make no mistake, they want us disarmed. We peasants are too dangerous to be trusted.

To deal with the straw man arguments substitute. "Gun Violence is indeed horrible as is all violence. We need more access to Mental Health for everyone. "

We have laws. They are broken and do nothing to stop these crimes. All you are doing is giving up your constitution rights now and forever. Why? As a law abiding citizen in a free society how are you a threat to anyone ? Are you not an asset?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    all I'm saying is, as far as other Western nations like the USA are concerned, strong gun laws do appear to corrolate with safer societies.

all I'm saying is, as far as other Western nations like the USA are concerned, strong gun laws do appear to corrolate with safer societies.
    Then Pythius, the solution is real simple isn;t it-start a campaign to change the Constitution, leave the country, or ......I better be careful here
    phreddy, msgt/ret and Billb1960 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Then Pythius, the solution is real simple isn;t it-start a campaign to change the Constitution, leave the country, or ......I better be careful here
    those are the only solutions?

hardly.

Are you an Anti Mole .............? Just wonderin'....
    mano3 and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

So, you've never heard of Chicago, Detroit, D.C., L.A.? You should compare that to the crime rates of other places. Take a guess at their stances on gun control, look at the violent crime and prepare to get educated. Wait, you said "nations." OK, let's turn the page to Mexico....
    Brad426 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

those are the only solutions?

hardly.
    Dude, this guy stole a legaly purchased firearm......what is your solution to this? You have to have triple locks on your guns? AWB?, have to have the gun briken down into pieces and put in different parts of the house until ready for use?

What is your solution to this? You keep talking about common sense laws. Well, we have them. Most of these crimes are being done with stolen weapons or weapons that were purchased legally-in most cases at an FFl so there was a background check.

Just tell us your solutions which are all about INFRIGNEMENT.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Well...I'm from NJ and IMO.....none of our firearm laws here are Comon Sense.....

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Pythius --
    Your statement that strong gun laws correlate with safer nations -- well, correlation is NOT causation first of all.
    Secondly regarding other Western culture nations in Europe, the biggest single reason why "gun control" appears to work there and not here is something completely unrelated -- the fact that in the USA, about 1 person in 300 grows up twisted to be evil; in Europe the figure is more like 1 in 30,000. This is an old figure but something like it still persists, though the gun violence in Europe (and especially Britain) is growing -- due to that nations strict gun control primarily.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Stop!

IF this applies only:

I posted a nicer note about the same thing, maybe this one is not so nice but the bodies of dead children cool while some of this completely inappropriate political talk and pot-shots at THAT side and THIS side and Obama etc. reek on, my god - WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE - this talk is completely inappropriate and shows a huge lack of empathy for the victims and families, you don't even mention them but show them all your heels as you climb up on your platforms. Stop with this obsessive preoccupation that sounds very much like a self-justification for that which you are not blamed. This is not the time for "ME AND MY GUNS" - imagine the parents of the dead children and offer an act to help them - a few words, or silent prayer.

Be Silent or post your grief and prayers - a neutral person reading some of these posts hours after a national tragedy involving the slaughter of innocents would be vehemently anti-guns and gunner forever after and I would not blame them in the least I'm ashamed as someone who owns a gun.In spite of all the moving comments - this sub-group sticks out like a terrible affront to decency in a Church-Yard Cemetery would.

This is time for the dead and survivors may god help them - only for them.
    Ogien, Hopyard, oakchas and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    IF this applies only:

I posted a nicer note about the same thing, maybe this one is not so nice but the bodies of dead children cool while some of this completely inappropriate political talk and pot-shots at THAT side and THIS side and Obama reek on, my god - WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE - this talk is completely inappropriate and shows a huge lack of empathy for the victims and families, you don't even mention them but show them all your heels as you climb up on your platforms. Stop with this obsessive preoccupation that sounds very much like a self-justification for that which you are not blamed. This is not the time for "ME AND MY GUNS" - imagine the parents of the dead children and offer an act to help them - a few words, or silent prayer.

Be Silent or post your grief and prayers - a neutral person reading some of these posts hours after a national tragedy involving the slaughter of innocents would be vehemently anti-guns and gunner forever after and I would not blame them in the least I'm ashamed as someone who owns a gun.
    Many of us have said our prayers and are gireving. You are not ruler here. When would you like to talk about this? Months later when it is off of the minds of most Americans. Americans have a short memory.

Myk

Re: BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

Thank you detective. Thoughts and prayers to those whose lives have been shattered.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    "When they bury me, make sure they bury me with my guns on. Im gonna need em. Cause when I get to the other side, there's some things that need straightening out." ~Bobaflex~

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Anti-gunners have no problem at all dancing in the blood of victims to scream for more gun control; I will fight them whenever and wherever they show up. And as such, I am MUCH MORE ON the side of victims than anti-gunners ever were. The problem for the poor kids that died was the lack of good people with guns to oppose the evil.
    CharlesMorri likes this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Links