BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown - Page 23

BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

This is a discussion on BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by GrandZJ The only thing in this whole event that I have any feelings about is anger at the moron because of the ...

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 453
Like Tree765Likes

Thread: BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

  1. #331
    Senior Member Array Darrow75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandZJ View Post
    The only thing in this whole event that I have any feelings about is anger at the moron because of the backlash against guns that is following.
    That is the only thing you have any feelings about regarding this whole event? You sir are cold hearted. I feel sorry for you.

    I wanted to stay out of the whole gun control debate on this issue and yesterday had some of the same sentiments as those stated by Ogien and detective but after watching CNN all day and hearing their "reporters" gloss over the obvious mental issues involved and focus almost completely on the guns used..and even the ones the shooter had "access" to that he did not use, whatever that even means...I agree that it is an appropriate time to defend our rights against the misinformation and demonization of guns, their intended use as defensive weapons, and the people who legal carry and own them.

    As for that being all I care about, sorry, I could never be that self centered.


  2. #332
    VIP Member Array mprp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,045
    detective, I can understand your feelings and there's not one of us that isn't sick over what happened. However, this is a defensive carry forum, where most of us here would likely volunteer to turn back time and gladly wait for that maggot as he entered the school doors. And we would probably set up the all mighty Ogien as point man beings he only needs 3 bullets or shouldn't be carrying.

    Believe it or not, this isn't the only incident that has ever happened where people have lost their lives. Other people have been in mourning and years have gone by and people still think that the tool is the culprit. We're sick of that mentality and find it ridiculous that we should give up a right so others can feel a deceiving level of coziness. Maybe if this matter was talked about and solved long ago this wouldn't have happened. Is this tragedy not worthy of talking about a solution NOW before it happens again? Where do or where should people go to talk about these tragic events? Or should we all just bury our heads in the sand and hope the government will do something? You've come to the wrong place if that's what you were hoping for. Even your President said, (the day of the tragedy) "....regardless of politics." Meaning, politics are involved.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

    Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

  3. #333
    Ex Member
    Array 1 old 0311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogien View Post
    I agree with you. Some on this forum act like losing the ability to buy an extended magazine clip is somehow a greater tragedy than what happened in Connecticut. This circling the wagons mentality is a bit hard to stomach for some and I certainly see that. It almost seems like the fantasy of defending the ol' Homestead against the imaginary occupation force is winning out over common human decency.

    I'm a proud gun owner but I haven't lost perspective that those around me have rights also. They have the right to feel safe and protected and according to the Constitution my rights are to be protected as long as they do not encroach on the rights of others. Finally, I only need 3 bullets because if I need more than I have no business carrying a gun. Nobody is going to have a mega-thousand round shootout with anyone and to think otherwise is simply living in fantasy. 99.9% of firefights last only a few seconds anyway.

    Go ahead boys, flame away.


    Something WILL come down because of this. That ain't opinion it is a F-A-C-T. How bad depends on the realists vs the 'I got to win EVERY battle' side.

    I shoot once a week, have shot for 40+ years, donate to the NRA, and GOA. I would HOPE we get out of this unscratched but to be honest if it is just a ban on 10+ round mags I would be REAL happy.

  4. #334
    VIP Member Array mprp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,045
    I've never heard it official: A ban on murder Maybe they ought to give that one a try first.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

    Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

  5. #335
    Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North of the Line
    Posts
    1,208
    Everyone needs to step back, take a breath, and try to relax.

    Our hearts have all skipped a beat and we have been numbed yet again, by a real-life horror.

    When I first heard my mind went blank. Chills ran up my spine. I called my wife, my children, and other loved ones to just say “I LOVE YOU!!”

    How could someone perpetrate such an inhumane act, as gunning down a classroom full of kindergartners?

    Upon hearing of this travesty, we all instinctively rush towards the Five-W’s; who-what-where-when-and fore most why? It’s human nature.

    From the very first Breaking News reports, to today’s most current news, the reported facts of this tragedy keep changing.

    The shooters name, how many injured, who was hurt, how many lost their lives, how many perpetrators, what did the shooter use, how did he get in, how did he obtain the firearms, etc??

    First they reported he used an AR because they found a .223 spent casing. Then they said he only used two handguns. Now they say they found an AR in the trunk of his car but he didn’t use any rifles, just handguns. First it was he only used used two, then four, then three, than again only two handguns.

    Maybe that spent .223 brass found on scene was from an LEO that saw him and put a round or two in him for good measure?

    And yet again now, the latest reports are now implicating that: A) the shooter was at the school days before his rampage and had confrontational words with some of the staff. B) the shooter then went to a local sporting goods store to buy firearms but had to abide by the required waiting period laws so he canceled his purchase. C) because of the schools security system he forced his way into the school. D) because he couldn’t legally purchase the firearms he wanted to use within his heated time frame he stole them from his Mother.

    Referring to “B” above, it appears that the gun-laws now emplace did their job and do work because in his heated sick mind he had to wait out the cooling-off period. So he was forced to commit a crime by stealing firearms to commit his sick act of terror, which in doing so, I’m guessing, that his Mother tried to resist and he was possibly forced to unfortunately murder her now too??

    Did he killed his own Mother to steal her guns to do this?….what a sick < the moderators wouldn’t allow such a noun >.

    So what new gun laws, that are not already in place, would of or could have prevented this?

    We need to step back and yes……..wait for all the pieces to fall into place. Why? Because, the PIO’s release of information keeps changing as their investigation continues. But instinctively, as human sociology prevails, we search for some explanation, to feed our need for instant gratification’s, to satisfy our curiosity, and too help relieve that punch in the gut we felt upon first hearing about this tragedy.

    With every passing moment as the LEO community continues too dig deeper, at every follow up presser, some new facts are released and some previous ones change to correct any post misinformation.

    So try and relax, as hard as it is, because it may take days, weeks, or months for the real facts to come out, and some things may never be released.

    Take time now, to hug your loved ones. Take time now, to enjoy doing happy things and spend quality time with your children. Tell all those you know: “I Love You!!” Live is too short not too. Life is too short to hold grudges. Call someone right now and say: “I love You!! I’m thinking of you!!! Let’s get together soon!!!!” So before it is too late, just do it so you don’t regret not doing so.

    Here’s a new Gun-Law to consider. Remember the Guardian Angels? Well maybe if we were allowed to form a “Sheep-Dog’s Alliance” and through acquired training, they could shoulder AR15’s in public, crap like this could be avoided?

    Please be safe out there people!!

    And; God….help those affected by this horrid act get through it, if that is even possible. All those children and adults lost, words can’t explain that sorrow, that hollow whole in the hearts of those whom lost their loved ones and dear friends, can never be healed and they will never be forgotten.

    What an awful day for humanity.

    What an awful assault on mankind.

  6. #336
    Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    care to elaborate?
    Simple, look at statistics on murder per capita, say in the 1950's , both here and in say Britain or Germany. Anti's like to blame the prevalence of guns here for the difference, but it should be clear even to them that there are LOADS of ways to kill people if that is what someone wants to do.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

  7. #337
    New Member Array Soonerbldr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1

    BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    I've never heard it official: A ban on murder Maybe they ought to give that one a try first.
    We have that one already in the Bible... But we're not allowed to read or quote than anymore.

  8. #338
    Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

    Now they are saying each kid was shot 3-11 times with a rifle. Here we go...

  9. #339
    Member Array Maximpactguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    As far as home schooling I beleive there have been more home invasions than shootings at public schools.

    Wrong about not paying taxes. You sound like some old folks that don't want to pay a portion of their taxes because their kids don't go to school anymore

    Not that you get many snow days in SC, should you not have to pay taxes for snow removal on the days that you decide to stay home?

    You can't protect your kids forever, even while they are young. There are activities and social events you may not be able to be right with your children. Ubless you do not want to let your kids out of your sight.

    Home schooling is good though. We considered it. But we sacrificed and found good Christian schools to put my son in.

    There was a shooting at a mall recently. Will you still go there?
    Well I don't feel sorry for anyone that wants to break into my home. I'm not trying to skip out on taxes. I just don't think it's right that people who might not have kids or kids in private schools should have to pay taxes for something they're not getting anything out of. Personally I think public schools are terrible. I havent stepped foot in a mall in ages. I honestly don't remember the last time. We have one of those open shopping centers across the street.

  10. #340
    Ex Member Array CharlesMorri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    286

    BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

    Do they really think one more gun law or restriction will make a difference?
    There are already over 28,000 gun laws on the books as it is.
    Until the antis stop blaming the tool instead of the user, nothing will change.
    It's all just feel good legislation , nothing more.
    Oh.. And Mr. Piers Morgan needs to go back to England... Please!
    Jeanlouise likes this.

  11. #341
    Ex Member Array CharlesMorri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    286

    BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Realize this....this haneous crime was committed by a mentally ill adult who had access to legally owned and registered guns.....the only way to stop this type of attacks at these defensless locations.....Malls, Schools, Theatres is to secure them buy armed security.....IMO, there should be a LEO at every school during school hours.....Mall security should be armed with more than a radio and OC spray.....same with security at public events and movie theatres......
    Whoa! I'm not quite ready for "a cop at every door" lifestyle! If that's what it comes to I probably won't leave the house any more!
    Can you say papers please?
    No thanks. I will reserve the right to provide my own security thank you very much!

  12. #342
    New Member Array kjac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerbldr View Post
    We have that one already in the Bible... But we're not allowed to read or quote than anymore.
    You aren't allowed to read or quote the bible anymore? I really hope that's sarcasm...

  13. #343
    VIP Member Array Gene83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,220
    I keep seeing the same pattern. A single, white male between the ages of 17 and 25 who may be very intelligent but has trouble interacting socially. He may not engage in conversation well, tends to stick to himself or hangout with other "outcasts", may dress all in black and associate with goths. He's probably heavy into video games especially those with a military theme and may have a history of mental problems.
    CharlesMorri likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

  14. #344
    Ex Member Array CharlesMorri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    286

    BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

    Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    We have laws. They are broken and do nothing to stop these crimes.
    Wrong! We have laws that are IGNORED by those who seek to do others harm.

    Murder is illegal...

    Rape is illegal....

    Violent assault is illegal....

    Laws are only as good as the enforcement backing it up.
    New laws will do nothing ... Period.
    You live in a fantasy world if you think they will change anything.

    Gun bans and or new laws are not the answer. It is much deeper and broader than that.
    Pandora's box has been opened and its far too late to try and close the lid.
    TX expat and ccw9mm like this.

  15. #345
    New Member Array kjac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I keep seeing the same pattern. A single, white male between the ages of 17 and 25 who may be very intelligent but has trouble interacting socially. He may not engage in conversation well, tends to stick to himself or hangout with other "outcasts", may dress all in black and associate with goths. He's probably heavy into video games especially those with a military theme and may have a history of mental problems.
    Hey that's racist!

    Basically many of them would just be classified as different or socially inept. Most guys I know between the ages of 17-25 play military themed games, I don't think it's anything special with these "social outcasts" to be playing them as well.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

connecticut shooting imagens
,
connecticut shotgun at school
,

connecticut shotgun elementary school

,

connecticut shotgun in school

,
gavin de becker connecticut shooting
,
gavin de becker newtown
,
imagen of paramedic in sschool in newtown
,

israeli teachers carry guns

,
kindergarten of conecticut shoot gun
,
news of connecticut shooting and imagens
,

newtontown shooting

,
robert licata ct
Click on a term to search for related topics.