BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

This is a discussion on BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Ogien I agree with you. Some on this forum act like losing the ability to buy an extended magazine clip is somehow ...

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree765Likes

Thread: BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

Quote Originally Posted by Ogien View Post
    I agree with you. Some on this forum act like losing the ability to buy an extended magazine clip is somehow a greater tragedy than what happened in Connecticut. This circling the wagons mentality is a bit hard to stomach for some and I certainly see that. It almost seems like the fantasy of defending the ol' Homestead against the imaginary occupation force is winning out over common human decency.

I'm a proud gun owner but I haven't lost perspective that those around me have rights also. They have the right to feel safe and protected and according to the Constitution my rights are to be protected as long as they do not encroach on the rights of others. Finally, I only need 3 bullets because if I need more than I have no business carrying a gun. Nobody is going to have a mega-thousand round shootout with anyone and to think otherwise is simply living in fantasy. 99.9% of firefights last only a few seconds anyway.

Go ahead boys, flame away.
    I'm sorry but I tuned you out as soon as you said extended clips!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    Wrong! We have laws that are IGNORED by those who seek to do others harm.

Murder is illegal...

Rape is illegal....

Violent assault is illegal....

Laws are only as good as the enforcement backing it up.
    New laws will do nothing ... Period.
    You live in a fantasy world if you think they will change anything.

Gun bans and or new laws are not the answer. It is much deeper and broader than that.
    Pandora's box has been opened and its far too late to try and close the lid.
    Exactly. Laws get broken by people who don't care about the consequences; people that do care about the consequences, don't break the law. Laws apply to folks that live by them. If laws actually stopped crime, we wouldn't have jails or penitentiaries because the laws would stop the acts.

Nothing short of taking every firearm away from every private owner will stop a crime like this because the shooter killed someone for their legally purchased/owned weapons and used them in a criminal act.
    CharlesMorri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kjac View Post
    Hey that's racist!

Basically many of them would just be classified as different or socially inept. Most guys I know between the ages of 17-25 play military themed games, I don't think it's anything special with these "social outcasts" to be playing them as well.
    I'm not saying that everybody who plays video games is a mass murderer. I'm just pointing out some things that these guys (and all of them are males) seem to have in common. It's profiling. I know. But if I'm in a crowded mall, it's hard to keep an eye on everybody. This narrows it down.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I think you mistook me for someone who gives a spit.

I think you mistook me for someone who gives a spit.
    Don't you worry.. I took you to be exactly what you are...

OK there tough guy, holster that eGun as this is a thread about 27 murdered people and what we can do to prevent future such incidents. This thread is not about you being an Internet tough guy.

OK there tough guy, holster that eGun as this is a thread about 27 murdered people and what we can do to prevent future such incidents. This thread is not about you being an Internet tough guy.
    No worries here. I just wanted to let you know that you have a special place in my heart.
    With friends like you I know my rights are secure.

No worries here. I just wanted to let you know that you have a special place in my heart.
    With friends like you I know my rights are secure.
    You two are great. Remember, don't feed the troll!

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    You two are great. Remember, don't feed the troll!
    Look.. He's right. The time for mourning should be allowed to run its course before we butt heads over guns.
    I think I'm still furious over the actions of that coward and his weak, pathetic mindset that allowed him to shoot little children!!

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Yeah, someone who pretends to be a gunner (that being Ogien).
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

What's with all this talk about banning high capacity magazines? Will that really prevent any shooter from filling his pockets with extra mags? Or how about this, having an illegal mag?

Please.

There seems to be quite a few anti's building up post counts lately...
    ccw9mm, msgt/ret and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    @ Ogien - Do you concealed carry or do any carrying for self defense? Because if you do, and I'm honestly trying to be respectful here, you need to go find some good training classes and take at least one or two.

I'm saying this because it's obvious that you have never really trained with a firearm for any sort of defensive scenarios. It's nothing to be ashamed of, but I highly recommend that you go take some classes and then revisit your idea that "I only need 3 bullets because if I need more than I have no business carrying a gun. Nobody is going to have a mega-thousand round shootout with anyone and to think otherwise is simply living in fantasy. 99.9% of firefights last only a few seconds anyway." I think you'll better understand why that sort of mentality is A. Incorrect and B. Dangerous.

Actual training will give you some perspective on the dynamics of stress as well as your personal ability and I'm sure that you'd benefit from those perspectives, because they will help you understand that you don't prepare for the best case scenario, you prepare for the worst case scenario.

Ex Member

If you think everyone on this site is pro-gun you are mistaken.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    If you think everyone on this site is pro-gun you are mistaken.
    By all means... Feel free to point them out. We can have the gun control conversation here and now. Might be a good thing to hear the opposing sides arguments while we are all here!

Bush and Clinton both used Executive Orders to expand bans on importation of "assault weapons", that ain't how it goes.
    Sorry, there were no such executive orders. Those anti-gun presidents simply told the BATFE to outlaw importation of certain guns under the "sporting purposes" clause of the GCA 1968. This tactic was first used by the mythical "gunowners champion", Ronald Reagan, to ban two shotguns from import.

Those two shotguns were decreed "destructive devices" by the BATF. The BATF simply told importers to cease importing those guns.

Links