BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

This is a discussion on BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just yesterday my kids school had an intruder/shooter drill. Until we have police/security to protect them, these sickos will pray on the weakest targets....

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree765Likes

Thread: BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

Just yesterday my kids school had an intruder/shooter drill.

Until we have police/security to protect them, these sickos will pray on the weakest targets.
    Pistology likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

2. Remove Ads

Life as we know it will probably be changing very shortly's I feel so bad for the families who lost their loved one. Why is this happening I am 62 years old when I was young this sort of thing never really happened but yet we had military semi automatic weapons at that time as well like an M1 carbine that has a high-capacity magazines ,, but the people in this country have changed there are a lot of unhappy people in this country for various reasons of their own, today's people grow up with a lot of violence on TV which the older generations did not have as much, the older generations always had one family member at the house your mother, most households were able to get by with one income so you always had one parent home with the children, but things have changed today most children when they get out of school they come home to an empty house and I think that affects them as they grow older, there is so much stress in people and anger, our doctors are giving out drugs to our children like candy, and the adult population are taking far too many drugs as well that are prescribed, and the food we eat today is mostly made up of chemicals compared to years ago, there is something really wrong in this country that is causing this making people do these bad things, and the problem is not a gun we have had them around for many years without these problems, something has made these people change to go over the edge, instead of actually fixing the problem they will go to the easiest solution take your second amendment, rather than fix whatever's wrong in this country making these people to do this, our government needs to be fixed our economy needs to be fixed we need to put people back to work and the only way I can see this happening by having ((fair trade)) ((not free trade)) with other countries, and penalizing any companies in the US who do not make the products here in the U S A and wants to sell their products here
    mg27, Thanis, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Very bad things happening to innocent children...how awful of such a crime.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

eb
    The gun free zone once again demonstrates it is an abject failure in concept. Yet, all I see in the commentary on the news sites are screams for more anti-gun legislation. You know, because we wouldn't actually want to attack the problem of moral decay and society's failure to instill proper values in people anymore... it is much easier to blame the tool. It is an interesting reaction since this same lack of motivation to tackle real problems is what causes this in the first place. My heart goes out to the families. Think I might go buy another gun today, these things put me in that mood...

This is sick stuff.. How can anyone shoot a crowd let alone kids? Makes no sense.. More people need to be armed.. Im sure there are many teachers who like to shoot guns, and get the security gaurds firearms.. The school I was gonna work for Needs to get their guys armed. Its just a matter of time.. EVIL pure evil is the only way to describe someone who can kill kids.. Makes you wonder if there isnt an inside terror group here.. Starting to wonder.

I don't blame the handgun.......I blame more so the society we live in......all the time spent by these young adults playing these real to life war video games....I know, nobody likes to hear this but in reality, dressing up in this camo clothing and assualting a building weather it be a movie theatre, mall or school.....as far as I'm concerned, they are playing out their war scenarios.....IMO.....they 're not entertainment just videos of Killing.......didn't have these when i was growing up........NG.
    TX expat and carracer like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    I have to say I listened to a former FBI profiler and he stated on national TV that the guns were not the problem it was having these places that the shooter knows there is no one to stop them except a sign. He also related about a man who went to a school and stabbed 30 students in China again he stated the weapon is not the problem and we on this site know that to be true
    Too bad we can't get more people to understand that concept.
    carracer likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Re: BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Having no children, it's been many years since I've set foot in a school. So I am just wondering why schools can't lock the doors after the bell rings. If anybody has business during the day within the school, let them get buzzed in. At least that would give one barrier of security and maybe a window to call the calvary. Just thinking out loud.

Horrible, horrible day .
    That's how my high school was. All doors were locked except for the main entrance in the morning. All other times you had to be buzzed in.

BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

I grew up there until I was about 18 and this is really disturbing to me. But now everyone is going to blame the gun not the lunatic in control of it

I'm on the other side of the planet,........ WTH is going on....!!??!!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I am greatly bothered by these kinds of acts...an 'armed' staff member could have saved lives.
    I'll leave it at that...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Seems a Domestic gone bad...............say his mother was found dead at their home.
    His current address is Hoboken, NJ as per FOX

now reporting shooter is 24...so he could have purchased/owned legally :( not sure about CT laws specifically though

Terrible tragedy. Why do these sickos have to take so many victims with them?

I tried to put myself in the mindset of a parent trying to get to the school, wondering if your child was alive or not - I welled up in tears.
    darbo likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

VIP Member
    Horrible, horrible, horrible. I'm sickened by the slaughter of little children and the other teachers/principal.

They'll call for MORE gun laws but we all know it's the demented people in our society that is the problem. As was pointed out, 30 children were killed in a school in China today...knifed to death.

People who are determined to kill will do it, gun or no gun.
    mg27 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Links