BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown - Page 9

BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

This is a discussion on BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by accessbob A book I read daily has the answer to that question. But can't go into that here and there would be ...

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree765Likes

Thread: BREAKING: Shooting Connecticut Elementary School in Newtown

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    A book I read daily has the answer to that question. But can't go into that here and there would be many who would argue my assertion. But that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
    I'll say it. We are living in the end times of the church age. The Holy Bible speaks of things just like this happening during this time. Look at the middle east, the breakdown of the family, the spread of non believers that put Christians down, the government, earthquakes, wars, rumors of wars, it's all there.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Pistology;2489638]

Red Lake, MN (many carry on an Indian Reservation). 16-year-old Jeffrey Weise killed his grandfather and his grandfather's girlfriend. He later drove his grandfather's police vehicle to Red Lake Senior High School, where he shot and killed seven people on the school campus, one teacher and an unarmed security guard, and wounded five others. The shooting ended when Weise committed suicide.
    Most Indian reservations do not honor outside CCWs. This tribe does grant CCWs by law but no data as to if they do in reality.

http://www.maquah.net/Legal_Document...m#_Toc66023420

December 11, 2012 (three short days ago)
    Jacob Tyler Roberts, 22, opened fire in a crowded mall in the middle of the holiday shopping season, killing two people and wounding a third before taking his own life

They happen in and around shopping centers and malls, restaurants, and schools. Most are "gun-free" zones. Some are not.
    Mall was posted GFZ.
    BigStick likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Not sure how many members are in the habit or prayer, bible reading, church going, etc.. but a small passage from Psalms.

"The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace."

It is clear we need to become the nation we were under our Founding Fathers. A God-fearing nation.

Thoughts and Prayers to those affected and our nation. Such a tragedy...
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Ex Member
    It may have been mentioned but the school shootings in Norway a few years back was enough to cause people to accept a gun ban..............just saying.

VIP Member
    When speaking about this incident, Obama said the following:
    We are going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this regardless of the politics.
    The implications of that statement are very scary.
    Jeanlouise, 3wggl and carracer like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I'll say it. We are living in the end times of the church age. The Holy Bible speaks of things just like this happening during this time. Look at the middle east, the breakdown of the family, the spread of non believers that put Christians down, the government, earthquakes, wars, rumors of wars, it's all there.
    I once heard a preacher say> "The day this country started going downhill was the day they took God and prayer out of school."

Smartest words I've ever heard...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post

We are going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this regardless of the politics.
    I'm glad. There is no right in America to allow children to get shot up. It's time to put an end to it and bring this "right" back under control.

To clarify what I'm talking about . . . .

Funny thing, very few will EVER talk about limiting first amendment rights of the press.

Now they're saying the shooter was someone else -- a younger brother? Only 20 years old. I've seen some reports where a .223 rifle was found, but found outside in a car, so perhaps unused? Still a lot to sort out.

Smuck............this isn't Norway and we have something called the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution......maybe if somone was armed, this could have been stopped.....like a cop at the school during school hours.....what the heck we pay taxes.....secure these schools.

Why can't these wack-jobs just blow their own brains out???????
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post

I heard that also. And KNOW the meaning.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    I'm glad. There is no right in America to allow children to get shot up. It's time to put an end to it and bring this "right" back under control.

To clarify what I'm talking about . . . .

Funny thing, very few will EVER talk about limiting first amendment rights of the press.
    I think that the forensic psychiatrist, Dr. Park Dietz, speaks wisely to the motivation of the psychos.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Been following since it first broke this morning. Somehow it went from one dead to twenty seven?

What a horrific day... Glad to be getting an XD40 for Christmas. I will be carrying everywhere that's anywhere in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    It may have been mentioned but the school shootings in Norway a few years back was enough to cause people to accept a gun ban..............just saying.
    I think you need to check your timeline. Norway already had extremely strict gun laws on the books when this tragedy occurred. The Norway Massacre happened in 2011. Their major gun law restricting ownership was passed in 2009.

A tragedy beyond any words indeed. The United Nations, this current Administration and the Anti-Gunners are licking their chops on this one.

How many more school tragedies have to occur before the intellectuals figure out that arming school teachers would deter such crimes. Better yet, why don't schools just lock all entrance doors to
    their buildings. No one gets in without a camera visual of individual and if their is any question about visitor just call local authorities.

I pray for the victims, their family members and all involved in such a senseless act of violence...

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Links