Increase in Home invasions, nationwide?

This is a discussion on Increase in Home invasions, nationwide? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Maybe.. maybe not... but there has been a spike in Henry county, Alabama.... deadly home invasions to boot. Story here I KNOW I'm preaching to ...

Thread: Increase in Home invasions, nationwide?

Maybe.. maybe not... but there has been a spike in Henry county, Alabama.... deadly home invasions to boot.

Story here

I KNOW I'm preaching to the choir here.... But please, pass this on to unarmed friends and relatives.... NO, you don't have to tell 'em "See, I told you so, get a gun!" Just tell them to be careful and especially security conscious. Offer to help them see if their home is secure... give suggestions... be friendly...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    We have been more "secure" than last few years. I make sure to have things lit up, locked up and loaded up.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Home invasions have decreased, in fact most crime has in Florida since the Castle Law was approved and the increase in demand for concealed weapons lincenses. 1 in 14 adults now have CWFL in Florida.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    There's no shortage of home invasions on this side of FL, laws and CWFLs aside.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

These clowns here in eastern NC are robbing these Internet sweepstakes cafe's left and right. Home invasions I can believe are on the rise also and I do believe all of the home invasions are not I repeat are not reported on the nightly local news.

VIP Member
    Last year there was a home invasion in my area. The owner is a former County Council member. The 3 invaders didn't have a gun, they used a Taser. The guy was almost killed, in fact he was left for dead. They tased him almost 100 times from what the hospital could tell...many times on his face and neck.

There are some sick, brutal animals out there.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Bigpappa48....same here in the triad area...sweepstakes going down on a weekky basis....they should put a sign on their door....."Only patrons wearing guns allowed".............
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Links