GOOD: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter - Page 4

GOOD: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

This is a discussion on GOOD: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Kudos to Nick. Hopefully I will never be in that situation, but I hope to have the same mental composure if it were to happen. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: GOOD: Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

Kudos to Nick. Hopefully I will never be in that situation, but I hope to have the same mental composure if it were to happen. I wasn't there, and I'll not second guess the man who was...

Everyone be safe. Take care of yourself and your family. Merry Christmas!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    One of our members that started the first thread on Newtown said that Clackamas was posted GFZ, but I hear no reports of that and think that, if true, it is sure to be part of the report - as it has some potential to cast aspersions on those who carry - even level-headed potential heroes like Meli.
    I've been there many times, and can confirm that yes, Clackamas Town Center is a posted gun free zone. When you enter the mall there is a board with all of the rules of the mall. Somewhere below "no running" is a line about weapons of any kind not being permitted. That said, signs do not carry force of law in Oregon. General trespass laws apply.

I'm amazed that it took me this long to hear about this guy, but I for one am truly thankful that he was there and that he reacted with a cool head and prevented more from being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    I've been there many times, and can confirm that yes, Clackamas Town Center is a posted gun free zone. When you enter the mall there is a board with all of the rules of the mall. Somewhere below "no running" is a line about weapons of any kind not being permitted.
    Yup.

• No firearms permitted.
    • No firearms in the hands of criminals permitted.
    • No guns, bub, and that means you.

All that such prohibitions stop from happening is understanding the how hard criminals are laughing when they simply walk by such pretty signs, knowing full well that nearly all fish in that barrel will be unarmed.

Now, if the pretty signs instead said something like this ...

• "All law-abiding carry and use of defensive weapons is encouraged on these premises, for we know through bitter experience how deadly important it is to be armed and capable of mounting an effective defense if attacked. If you're willing to do your part, we're willing to stand shoulder-to-shoulder beside you with our well-trained and well-armed army of staff who will help protect each of you to the last person ... at whatever cost to the violent criminals who dare come here, no matter the cost to them, even if it kills them." -- The Non-Victim's Prayer."
    • (Short version) Pull the finger out: Be capable of defending yourself and your loved ones at all times.

With signs like that, more specifically with the will iron will and determination to arm/train/defend ourselves to that degree, then we might be getting somewhere.

Anything else is just words.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    I've been there many times, and can confirm that yes, Clackamas Town Center is a posted gun free zone. When you enter the mall there is a board with all of the rules of the mall. Somewhere below "no running" is a line about weapons of any kind not being permitted. That said, signs do not carry force of law in Oregon. General trespass laws apply.

I'm amazed that it took me this long to hear about this guy, but I for one am truly thankful that he was there and that he reacted with a cool head and prevented more from being killed.
    In Oregon No Gun signs do not apply to CHL holders. It's in the ORC. If you are on private property you can be asked to leave if you are observed carrying and if you refuse you can be cited for criminal trespass but you are not breaking the law by carrying in a GFZ as long as you have a CHL. This includes public and private schools. Of course certain federal and state properties are still restricted.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links