China's gun control at it's best. prevents a killing spree in school... NOT

This is a discussion on China's gun control at it's best. prevents a killing spree in school... NOT within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Crowman How come this incident is not all over the worldwide news like the shooting here???? (No I don't mean it was ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: China's gun control at it's best. prevents a killing spree in school... NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    How come this incident is not all over the worldwide news like the shooting here???? (No I don't mean it was not reported, I mean the huge coverage not just a blurp)
    One reason is 20 kids did not get killed in China. The children got killed here. That makes it a bigger story. Plus of course the worlds fascination with American gun culture.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    If not guns............

Murrah Building: Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19 Children.........149 Others............

Look at the picture very closely. Look. The Child Care facilities were on the Second Floor. Tell me Timmy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were not evil incarnate.

It is not about guns. It is about the evil, the insane, gun-free zones, control by zealots like Bloomberg..........

Allow Concealed guns in schools and watch the attacks decrease.
    You're exactly right, but no one who doesn't already agree with you will get that.
    Rock and Glock and msgt/ret like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Pythius, disarm yourself. Now keep in mind that there are guns, knives, disparity of force, baseball bats, shanks, brass knuckles and about 40 million other things that the criminal mind can use against you. Feel safer now?
    Spirit51 and msgt/ret like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    If not guns............

Murrah Building: Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19 Children.........149 Others............

Look at the picture very closely. Look. The Child Care facilities were on the Second Floor. Tell me Timmy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were not evil incarnate.

It is not about guns. It is about the evil, the insane, gun-free zones, control by zealots like Bloomberg..........

Allow Concealed guns in schools and watch the attacks decrease.
    This happened just a few miles from our home. We knew people in this building. This was done with fertilizer. 9/11 was done with box blades and planes.

The problem is evil, depraved minds, delusions, etc. It is NOT the weapon they choose that must be controlled. We must be educated to recognize and act when it is seen that someone is derailing from mental stability and planning an attack such as this. It is hearts and minds that must be changed and/or protected.

What would keep a deranged person from killing with any number of plans and weapons ... poison, driving a truck or car into a building, explosives, etc. At least if someone is armed with a firearm, they might have a chance of stopping a crazed shooter.
    Rock and Glock and Spirit51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Pythius, disarm yourself. Now keep in mind that there are guns, knives, disparity of force, baseball bats, shanks, brass knuckles and about 40 million other things that the criminal mind can use against you. Feel safer now?
    I honestly dont have a gun for self-defense.

I don't need a gun, for self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    NOT!

Here is what happens with real gun control...
    I don't support banning all handguns, but since Britain banned handguns in 1997 their crime rate has dropped 45%.

2011 had their lowest murder rate in 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post

Not sure why you are here? Is it just to be contrary and start trouble?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I don't support banning all handguns, but since Britain banned handguns in 1997 their crime rate has dropped 45%.

And I don't support forcing you to have a gun for self defense.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Not sure why you are here? Is it just to be contrary and start trouble?
    I didn't start this thread.

This happened just a few miles from our home. We knew people in this building. This was done with fertilizer. 9/11 was done with box blades and planes.
    Same here.

Mmmmm...England Murder Rates vs USA
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

As you age, or if you should become physically incapacitated in some way, you may someday need a handgun for self protection.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Actually, the actual percentage that crime fell in 12 years is only ***5%***, not 45%.

5% is not that great of a drop.

Also, one of the largest causes of murder was this: "The murder rate in England and Wales over the past 50 years rose steadily from around 300 a year in the early 1960s to more than 1,000 in 2002/03 when 172 deaths were attributed to the activities of Dr Harold Shipman. They have declined sharply since that peak with the fall in domestic violence providing part of the explanation for the decline."

Maybe they should get rid of drugs that can be used to illegally overdose patients ... or crazed physicians?

Here's a link to the actual figures and statistics: Murder rate lowest for 12 years | UK news | The Guardian

They also have their country heavily covered with continuous camera surveillence. Do you think that might be a factor? Would you prefer that to be the case here?

The article also states they have a high interest in getting citizens to have "confidence in crime statistics". Personally, I'd rather have protection available rather that hope to be on the lucky side of statistics.
    Last edited by stancehold; December 16th, 2012 at 01:47 AM.
    Bark'n likes this.

Gun control seems to keep murder-rates very low in Britain, France, Germany, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Belgium, etc...
    I spent most of my adult life in Emergency Medicine. I have seen people killed with a variety of objects...including nail guns, screwdriver, meat fork, toddler toy and the list continues. I have seen people killed with autos...not accidents, but autos used as weapons. You can't stop evil....unless you can overcome it with a defense weapon of your own.

Take a bite of the real world. Taking my ability to defend myself is not going to stop those bent on evil actions.

If you wish to live in a society that doesn't allow you to defend yourself...then go, but don't expect the rest of us to follow.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Anybody else have all manner of red flags and klaxons going off after reading this?
    msgt/ret, Bark'n and Spirit51 like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links