Mississippi school VP stops more killing.

This is a discussion on Mississippi school VP stops more killing. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; While I do not believe you can stop all killing by nut jobs there are things that could be done to greatly reduced the killings. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Stevew

Thread: Mississippi school VP stops more killing.

Mississippi school VP stops more killing.

While I do not believe you can stop all killing by nut jobs there are things that could be done to greatly reduced the killings.

A principal and his gun

I have never posted a link before. Hope it works.
    If you have someone in your home that has "anger issues" or mental conditions please keep all guns secured from them.
    If a convicted viloent felon gets cuaght with a stolen gun give mandatory him life without parole.
    Hold mental health providers accountable to notify NCIS of anyone that is a danger to society.
    Hold judges accoutable setting violent crimminals go with a slap on the wrist if that criminal turns around and hurts anyone.
    darbo, shadowwalker and ccw9mm like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I never heard that side of the story before! Thanks DR

We are not going to see this because it makes too much sense to the anti firearm people. They will cover their ears and scream, "guns kill get rid of guns" "More gun laws, we need more gun laws" This teacher nearly broke the law by having his pistol in his truck. It was on school property and he should not have broken the "law."

You have to ask a very serious question. Why did the shooter not adhere to the gun laws? They are on the books and being enforced at the time so why didn't he obey them like others do? After all, we have to have gun laws and that surely should have stopped him because he knew it was "against the law."

Yes indeed, he used a gun to commit a deadly rampage, but he could have easily used another just as deadly tool. The gun just made it a bit easier and quicker, that's all. It made him feel powerful and made him feel that he could do anything he wanted at that time. He was King of the Mountain, he was in control and his power over the unarmed made him feel alive and well.

He also knew that there would be no other weapons at that school except for the one he had. He knew that only the police would be able to confront him with their guns, but the likelyhood they would be there in moments was nil. He knew that a place that doesn't allow the people there to defend themselves against him would be an easy place for this to happen.

A deranged, angry and motivated killer does not target places where there may be people armed as well. They are not stupid, ignorant or foolish, they know. Restricting the ability of the people in authority at this place gave the green light to him and unless our elected officials and other see the uselessness in keeping places unarmed we will surely see more and more of it.

The guns are not our problem, we have had guns for centuries and only recently have we witnessed the upsurge in the amount of crime associated with them. We have a problem with people and what drives them to commit murder in this fashion. It makes sense to have trained and armed people in places like schools and to have a plan in place should the unthinkable come to call.

This is what our lawmakers need to do. Give the unarmed the ability to be armed and defend.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Guns are very dangerous tools in the wrong hands plain and simple. Since getting all guns off the streets of the world is impossible we have to meet deadly force with deadly force. Since police can not walk through life protecting the law abiding citizen 24/7 from criminals, I say long live the 2nd amendment rights of the USA....there is no other logical way around this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Mississippi school VP stops more killing.

The principle was never charged with a crime, yes? Interesting.
    The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Links