Fire Mission: An interesting, albeit totally unscientific, poll on USA Today...

This is a discussion on Fire Mission: An interesting, albeit totally unscientific, poll on USA Today... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; about comments by Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America . Opposing view: Eliminate 'gun-free zone' regulations --------- Please don't try to reopen ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveH

Thread: Fire Mission: An interesting, albeit totally unscientific, poll on USA Today...

VIP Member

about comments by Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America.

Opposing view: Eliminate 'gun-free zone' regulations

---------

Please don't try to reopen the closed tread, but vote and talk about demanding the elimination of the gun-free zone laws that are in fact criminal-safe zones.

IMHO Larry is right when he said that, "One measure of insanity is repeating the same failure time after time, hoping that the next time the failure will turn out to be a success. Gun-free zones are a lethal insanity."
    Last edited by DaveH; December 16th, 2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: fix url
    shadowwalker likes this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

It's a good piece that, sadly, will fall mostly on deaf ears. Dead children... high emotions... guns are evil, ergo more guns will make things worse, not better.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I just voted in strong agreement. I also think that the politicians will ignore logical thinking however.

Strongly agree 38%
    agree 14
    don't know 5
    dissagree 7
    strongly dissagree 36
    Walk softly ...

Well the pro is slightly higher, 38% to 36%. Pretty close. I bet this poll would have looked much different a week ago.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Wow- did you read the comments. It seems to be fair to say our public indoctrination stations (schools) have succeded in pushing out morally inferior, mentally incompetent people by the droves. Of course, they only seem to be able to parrot the anti-gun party line. The poll seems to be pretty evenly split.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I think he nailed it. Some of those comments from the antis just sickened me. When will these people wake up?
    -Carl-
    2nd AMDT = "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Sponsored Links