Tragedy Once Again

Tragedy Once Again

This is a discussion on Tragedy Once Again within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, it's happened here in Topeka, Kansas now. Two officers shot dead after answering a "suspicious vehicle" call at a Dillon's Supermarket this evening. Suspect ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tragedy Once Again

Tragedy Once Again

Well, it's happened here in Topeka, Kansas now. Two officers shot dead after answering a "suspicious vehicle" call at a Dillon's Supermarket this evening. Suspect still on the loose but all available hands are searching. Talk about epidemics... I know LEO's aren't often reported in the same vein as the Newtown situation but this is just too much too soon and certainly too close to home to avoid mentioning. Will see how this pans out. It's late or I'd provide more info.

VIP Member
    I saw that on the news this morning, so awful. I hope they catch the guy and he puts up just enough fight that they kill him.

I'm so sick of these predators murdering people only to live years and years in our system pleaing there case. It seems to be getting worse not better. Time for a new look at the way we deal with people who murder in cold blood.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

mkh
    God bless out boys in blue ( or whatever color they wear).

I hope you find the low life's that did this foul foul deed.

This country is already without peer in the western world regarding putting people to death, what new way are you hoping for? The laws on the books are more than sufficient enough to address this crime.

VIP Member
    Read about that last night. Sad deal. I hope they catch the animal who did it.

Fox is reporting they found the guy and "an armed standoff has just ended"

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
    This country is already without peer in the western world regarding putting people to death, what new way are you hoping for? The laws on the books are more than sufficient enough to address this crime.
    And may we continue. My only concern is the length of time and expense required prior to execution. It needs to be shortened.
    msgt/ret and Jeanlouise like this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

OD*
    Condolences to the families, and to their fellow officers.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Shooter is deceased.
    Jeanlouise and zonker1986 like this.

I pray it ended the same way as it did for a cop killer in Polk County, Florida a few years ago. Sheriff of Polk County, Grady Judd is da Man.

wishyouwell and SL1ckOne like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Zonker...A+++ post! Sheriff Judd is my new, best hero.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

May God continue to bless and keep safe our war fighters, and our Sheepdogs.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

I think its time to go back to the firing squad
    RETSUPT99 likes this.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
    Without peer in the western world, no kidding. That says more about the weak-willed decayed rest of the Western world than anything else. I think the bad guys should be killed within 1 week of reasonably determining that they are the right ones. Now THAT would be a true deterrent!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    Without peer in the western world, no kidding. That says more about the weak-willed decayed rest of the Western world than anything else. I think the bad guys should be killed within 1 week of reasonably determining that they are the right ones. Now THAT would be a true deterrent!
    This country also has a history of making mistakes... sometimes deliberate, sometimes accidental, but the state should not take life without due process and right to appeal. We do not have a perfect history at all regarding this. I suspect lots dont care but those incarcerated and/or put to death for crimes they did not commit have another opinion. Taking life should be a considered thing, it should be a big deal....it really should. If deserved and warranted, then 'just deserts', until then..due process should be a must.

The rest of the western world is not decaying nor are they weak willed.. Strong will is not unique to America, hordes of splendid people in other places...JESUS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links