BAD:NRA member Sen. Manchin says Newtown shooting should open assault weapons debate:

This is a discussion on BAD:NRA member Sen. Manchin says Newtown shooting should open assault weapons debate: within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Source of previous comment: source: http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/sl...lt_weapons.pdf...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: BAD:NRA member Sen. Manchin says Newtown shooting should open assault weapons debate:

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Source of previous comment:

source: http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/sl...lt_weapons.pdf
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Source of previous comment:

source: http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/sl...lt_weapons.pdf
    State of Connecticut statutes. Thanks.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Manchin is a better Governor than he is a U.S. Senator, he doesn't belong there. Blame that on Robert C. Byrd who had the audacity to die while in office so Manchin could win his seat. He certainly does not represent my views.

Most West Virginians are firearms friendly and pro 2A to the core. We thought Manchin was one of us but apparently he will side with whatever might make him look good. Of course he's going to jump on the "assault ban bandwagon" because it's the thing to do in light of a mentally deranged individual who used one in a rampage. Never mind how he got it (theft), or attempted to purchase one and was turned down, Fence Rider Joe has to embarass our state by this knee jerk reaction to a problem with mental illness, not the firearm.

I could see this coming, and I can promise people I did not nor would I want to vote for him as Senator. Unfortunately the Democrats outnumber Republicans in my state at least 3 to 1. That assures him of staying put unless he does something totally off the wall and angers his support base.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Manchin is a better Governor than he is a U.S. Senator,

I agree

I could see this coming, and I can promise people I did not nor would I want to vote for him as Senator.

Me either

Unfortunately the Democrats outnumber Republicans in my state at least 3 to 1. That assures him of staying put unless he does something totally off the wall and angers his support base.

Like vote for more gun legislation.

Hope is on the way for WV though. Congresswoman Shelly Moore Capito is going to run for Rockefeller's (D) seat.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links