Cerberus to sell gunmaker Freedom Group

This is a discussion on Cerberus to sell gunmaker Freedom Group within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'd be so angry if my investment company dropped gun sales when they are at an all time high. They exist to maximize their investors ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Cerberus to sell gunmaker Freedom Group

VIP Member
    I'd be so angry if my investment company dropped gun sales when they are at an all time high. They exist to maximize their investors money, not be political frady cats.

"Act in haste, repent in leisure" ...or something like that...
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

I think it was Hotguns who put it best in another thread. The gist of the post was that neither the law abiding gun owner, nor the gun manufacturers, nor any organization like the NRA have one damn thing to apologize for in regards to this tragedy. That being the case, it is time to stop acting like they do.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Hmmm... excuse me while I go check on my "Corporate Loan".
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I think this is a great opportunity to invest in gun and ammo related stocks. I follow Ruger and S&W stocks. Ruger, for example, went from a high of around $60 per share just after the election to around $40 per share today. I think the time to buy is within the next week or so.

Regarding Cerberus, I think whoever buys Bushmaster/Remington is going to hit the jackpot, especially if Cerberus sells out of fear/politics and not for true business reasons. JMHO.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Speaking of money......just out of curiosity......why were they taking money donations for the families.....this is a prosperous town in Conn. so where's the money going ?

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    I think this is a great opportunity to invest in gun and ammo related stocks. I follow Ruger and S&W stocks. Ruger, for example, went from a high of around $60 per share just after the election to around $40 per share today. I think the time to buy is within the next week or so.

Regarding Cerberus, I think whoever buys Bushmaster/Remington is going to hit the jackpot, especially if Cerberus sells out of fear/politics and not for true business reasons. JMHO.
    Yep. This is right on.

Well there may be those that may no longer want to invest in Cerberus or any other company that is profitable in the sporting area. Their loss. May I suggest these same groups instead focus their investments in politically correct companies like Solendra. That sounds safer. As for me and hopefully the MILLIONS of 2nd amendment supporters, We need to step up now more than ever and let companies know they have support. They are a business. Be very afraid if companies can be forced out because they are not the flavor of the day in public opinion. People do that with their feet if a company does not offer a product in demand.

I see a lot of stuff happening taking advantage of what is truly a serious tragedy, It is a tragedy but that does not mean we give up our rights and allow ourselves to be trampled on. I see the NRA being slammed, gun owners being slammed, and now companies who support them being targeted. With over a 50-100 million gun owners can we not all ban together, cause real solution, and be heard that we will not be stripped of our rights any more than the public be stripped of driving rights just because an Alzheimer's patient drives through a crowd at a parade.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I'd be so angry if my investment company dropped gun sales when they are at an all time high. They exist to maximize their investors money, not be political frady cats.

"Act in haste, repent in leisure" ...or something like that...
    Well, I hear that stock in Sturm, Ruger & Company and Smith & Wesson have both dropped over the last couple of days, so now might be the time to pick up a bargain.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post

Sorry .. had not gotten to your post before I tossed in my two cents. If you're a gambler, I agree. Firearms stocks could be a good buy. Then again.....Bushmaster could have some problems. I think the Remington division is divested enough in sporting firearms that they would probably recover.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

CJM
    Defensivecarry.com group buy?
    msgt/ret likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links