4 Dead in another Colorado shooting this morning - Page 2

4 Dead in another Colorado shooting this morning

This is a discussion on 4 Dead in another Colorado shooting this morning within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What!!! Another one?? Idiots like this is why were going to lose our 2 amendment rights.... Eddie...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 4 Dead in another Colorado shooting this morning

What!!! Another one?? Idiots like this is why were going to lose our 2 amendment rights.... Eddie

The recent tragic events have focused attention on and have exposed the nerves of our societal wounds. We all want to live in a safe society but have different views of how that may be obtained. Some want to ban hardware and freedom. Others will try to seek solutions through societal trends and mental illness.

All I know is that I am responsible for myself and my family and have chosen. I've chosen to give myself the ability within the law to defend myself and those who are precious to me. I have realistically accepted utopia as fiction. I have chosen to regard the world as a place that is not always safe no matter how bad I would like to tell my kids that it is. I have chosen to have the ability to do equal violence when faced with evil and it sickens me that others do not take the same stance and must face their defenseless end.

Evil has been in existence for a very long time now. It's only now that it is in the spotlight.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    It's called copycatting it it's a consequence of the INSANE publicity given to these events.
    Thank you for pointing this out. Time to start talking about the "spotlight" the MSM puts on these incidents. It encourges other mental defectives to grab for the headlines. "Even the President will talk about me."
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

There are two reasons why this is happening:

#1. Our society, is 100% addicted to violence. We love violence. We worship violence. We love extremely violent movies and video games. We love seeing violence. Its all we watch. The only way we ever see conflicts resolved, is through violence. We are a sick society.

#2. Our mental health system is broken. Folks who need treatment don't get it, or they just get prescribed some pills that often don't help or just make the problems WORSE!!!

as long as our society is pathologically addicted to violence, and as long as our mental health system is failed & broken, these senseless shootings will continue.

will removing large-capacity magazines & assault weapons STOP these events from happening? no, of course not.

will such actions reduce the body-count? perhaps.

but as folks are saying, simply more gun control is not the solution. Our society is broken and needs to be fixed.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    #1. Our society, is 100% addicted to violence. We love violence.
    Its all we watch.
    Making Generalizations isn't the answer either. I'd venture that not 100% are addicted to violence and it ISN'T ALL we watch. Unless I'm the only one and, even then, it wouldn't equate to 100%. Generalizations are not good to use as they simplify an otherwise complex problem (just like saying "all black people are welfare mooches" would be).
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

This is just a crime not a mass shooting. It happens in a country of 330 million. How is it different than a multi-car accident ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good point

" Drunk driver kills 4 in head on collision."

Reckless behavior with a deadly weapon. Intentional or otherwise.
    PROTECT THE FLOCK, CONFRONT THE WOLF.....

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    This is just a crime not a mass shooting. It happens in a country of 330 million. How is it different than a multi-car accident ?

they are called "car-accidents", for a reason.

they are accidental.

Car crashes, not accidents. Add impairment or recklessness and its the same thing as murder.

My sister lives 5 miles from that incident. Scary stuff. Im waiting for the story to unfold.
    PROTECT THE FLOCK, CONFRONT THE WOLF.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bikemobile View Post
    Car crashes, not accidents. Add impairment or recklessness and its the same thing as murder.

My sister lives 5 miles from that incident. Scary stuff. Im waiting for the story to unfold.
    how many deadly car crashes are due to an intent to injure/kill?

how many deadly shootings are due to an intent to injure/kill?

..the comparison is illogical & irrational
    Sig 210 likes this.

Pythius;

The people killed are just as dead. They just don't count for as much in a car crash resulting from any form of deliberate or merely thoughtless irresponsibility as they do when the gun is involved. Isn't that convenient?

The comparison is perfectly reasonable.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

The scumbag had been arrested on a domestic violence charge and had been released from jail just hours before the murders. He bought a gun somewhere after being released from jail.

[QUOTE]
    LONGMONT, Colo. (AP) — Investigators were unable to immediately determine when a shooter purchased a gun used to kill three people, including his ex-girlfriend, who was on the phone with a 911 dispatcher when she was killed.

The gunman who had just been released from jail on domestic violence charges then shot and killed himself Tuesday, Weld County Sheriff John Cook said. Investigators searching the gunman's home found the original box the handgun had been sold in, but they did not find a receipt, and it was unclear when he bought it, Cook said.

The victims included the ex-girlfriend's sister and the sister's husband. All were found dead in a home in unincorporated Weld County outside Longmont, about 35 miles north of Denver.

Cook identified the dead as 25-year-old Beatriz Cintora-Silva; her sister, Maria Cintora-Silva, 22; and Max Aguirre Ojeda, 32, who was Maria Cintora-Silva's husband.

The gunman was identified as Daniel Sanchez, 31. Sanchez had just been released from jail on domestic violence charges.

Gunman released from jail hours before killings - Yahoo! News

Geez...the guy just got of the pokey that did it? That is really sad the victim(s) were not armed the outcome may have different

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links