2 boys, 14, arrested in cigarette shooting death

This is a discussion on 2 boys, 14, arrested in cigarette shooting death within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 boys, 14, arrested in cigarette shooting death Wed Dec 19, 12:43 PM UTC BEAVER FALLS, Pa. - Police have arrested two 14-year-olds in the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: 2 boys, 14, arrested in cigarette shooting death

Wed Dec 19, 12:43 PM UTC

BEAVER FALLS, Pa. - Police have arrested two 14-year-olds in the fatal shooting of a western Pennsylvania woman after she told them to "get a job" when they tried to bum a cigarette off her boyfriend.

U.S. Marshals say Marcus Velasquez and Todavia Cleckley were arrested Tuesday in a Beaver Falls home. Both teens have been charged in the Dec. 8 shooting death of 22-year-old Kayla Peterson.

Investigators say Velasquez and a third teen followed Peterson's boyfriend home and yelled profanities after he ignored their requests for a cigarette. Velasquez allegedly shot Peterson when she confronted the youths.

Velasquez is charged with homicide. Cleckley and 13-year-old Kyle Goosby Jr. face conspiracy charges.

Court records don't list attorneys for Velasquez and Cleckley. Goosby's attorney says he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Goosby's attorney says he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. "

With the wrong people, doing the wrong things... I bet when they get sent off to the slammer they'll wish they'd followed her advice and got a job instead.
    niks likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I hope Marcus and Todavia learn how to "Cha Cha'' in jail...their dance cards will be full.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm glad they caught 'em, anyway... Wish it would be more final for them... but I doubt it.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Try them as an adult and ask for the death penalty. They will probably be let out when they reach 21.

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    Try them as an adult and ask for the death penalty. They will probably be let out when they reach 21.
    Care to start a pool on how long it takes them to commit another violent crime after they get out?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Care to start a pool on how long it takes them to commit another violent crime after they get out?
    Preposterous! They will be reformed little angels after serving plenty of time. How is it that people just can't see that they are just too young to know right from wrong?

Psssst, oak...I've got a hundred says within a week from being let out when they're 16 and on probation.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Im gonna wager on camp until they are 21 then by 25 they are back in the system. The two junior criminals probably wont get anything. Great deterrent.

Links