Police: Mom threatens bullies with gun at Denver school

This is a discussion on Police: Mom threatens bullies with gun at Denver school within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Mom threatens bullies with gun at Denver school Wed Dec 19 A Denver mother has been arrested after threatening her daughter’s middle school bullies ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Police: Mom threatens bullies with gun at Denver school

Wed Dec 19

A Denver mother has been arrested after threatening her daughter’s middle school bullies with a gun.

Police say Monica Avila, 34, confronted several students in the parking lot of Lake Middle School whom she believed were bullying her daughter. During an argument with the minors, she reportedly pulled out a semi-automatic handgun and told the students, “Look what I have.”

Avila then parked her car across the street while the frightened students alerted adults, who in turn called police. She was arrested and charged with four counts of menacing and one count of possession of a weapon on school grounds.

Avila is being held in Denver County Jail on a $50,000 bond. She appears in court Thursday.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    *headdesk*

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Not.Helping.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    She can pay the price of her actions.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I say have the NRA and all the other gun organizations make this very public. Get in front of an issue instead of behind. They can say that the laws in place work. The lady was arrested after improper and illegal use of a fireaarm.

Explain that if she was a BG she would have shot the kids, not walked away.

Use this as an example of where you only prosecute someone and take away a right AFTER they break the law. This is when you can use a vehicle and a drunk driver as an analogy.

The gun organizations should publicy denounce this woman (of course make sure all the facts are in) to show we as gun owners do not condone this behaviour.
    mprp, mook012, 3wggl and 3 others like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member
    Spirit51 likes this.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

The idiot should pay for the crime like she should and no slaps on the wrist either. These are the people who forfeit their 2A rights on their own accord and the type that none of us need possessing firearms.
    mook012 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I'm all for gun laws, she broke several, now let's see if the courts want to deal with the laws that they ALREADY have?????????????
    mook012 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We do not need more of this level of stupidity. It is exactly what the anti-gun folks pray for, some one who's first to walk upright in their family waving a gun around.

There are other ways to deal with bullying, waving a firearm at them is really not the right way to go about it.

She probably needs to have her child removed from her "tender care" before someone gets hurt or killed.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

And that woman is how we are all perceived, partly because Gun organizations do not immediately step up and dismiss her actions as those of a deranged person... but Even so... she had a GUN... anyone can get a GUN... we gotta stop this...

So, no matter the truth in the matter... the GUN will be blamed.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    More ammo for the antis to ban any item with "semi-auto" in it's name.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Personal responsibility's a booger. Act the criminal, get treated like one.

"Semi-intelligent" by any other name ...

Note how the "semi-automatic" wording was prominently emblazoned in the article.

Note how the hirelings are falling all over themselves to eviscerate the "semi-automatic" feature of nearly all modern firearms as evil incarnate.

The criminal caused the problem. The criminal misused the tool. The criminal determined on her own that violent menacing of others was a cool thing to do. She should be strung up by her principles for it ... as undoubtedly she will be. But the Ford she drove to the school with had nothing to do with her perversion; nor did her breath mints; and, when it comes right down to it, neither did her selected tool for her crime.

What a world.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

What an idiot.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Pulling a gun on kids? Not cool

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm all for gun laws, she broke several, now let's see if the courts want to deal with the laws that they ALREADY have?????????????
    Agreed. Let's focus on enforcing the many, many laws we already have in place as opposed to making even more that hinder our rights instead of guaranteeing our safety.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links