Suicide in School Parking Lot

This is a discussion on Suicide in School Parking Lot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What in the name of the Good Lord is happening to people. I just saw this and for the life of me cannot understand what ...

Thread: Suicide in School Parking Lot

What in the name of the Good Lord is happening to people. I just saw this and for the life of me cannot understand what is going on.

It's getting totally scary out there.

Man Commits Suicide on School Parking Lot
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    It's in the news so the "crazies" try to copy what has already gotten attention. Public suicide is usually a cry for attention.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Senior Moderator
    Its Christmas time. People reflect on their lives...good or bad.

It happens every year.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

When I was a funeral director our busiest time of the year was between Thanksgiving and the first of the new year. Spike in suicides is to be expected as people seek the easy way out of their life.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRick View Post
    When I was a funeral director our busiest time of the year was between Thanksgiving and the first of the new year. Spike in suicides is to be expected as people seek the easy way out of their life.
    Being in EMS, I saw the same thing. Christmas is merry, except when you are alone and broke. It is a time to be more observant of family and friends for signs of Seasonal depression.

I would also have to say ATTEMPTED suicides is a cry for help or attention. Successful suicide is escape from their pain (or a attempt that went too far...I have seen that too. A major and final "oops" moment). Public successful suicide is making a "statement" on their way out. IMO
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Sponsored Links