Roger Ebert on Newtown

This is a discussion on Roger Ebert on Newtown within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; He's usually too liberal for me, but this is well said. The Newtown killings - Roger Ebert's Journal "Events like this," I said, "if they ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Brad426
  • 2 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: Roger Ebert on Newtown

Roger Ebert on Newtown

He's usually too liberal for me, but this is well said.

The Newtown killings - Roger Ebert's Journal

"Events like this," I said, "if they are influenced by anything, are influenced by news programs like your own. When an unbalanced kid walks into a school and starts shooting, it becomes a major media event. Cable news drops ordinary programming and goes around the clock with it."
    KBSR, ghost tracker and mano3 like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

2. Remove Ads

I usually don't pay much attention to Ebert, but that was well said! If the media would not keep focusing on these nut cases and giving them all the publicity and airtime we wouldn't have nearly as many "copy cat" idiots! Locally, a couple of kids got busted for posting threats the day after Connecticut! Not that they really intended to do anything--they just thought of it as a "joke", and it got them the "attention" they wanted. If the media focused on the people who were killed/injured and the families impacted, and ignored the idiot who did it other than a minimal report of the facts, there would be less people trying to grab headlines and become infamous! Just my .02.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

One thing I can (only now) say for Roger Ebert. His intellect clearly outweighs his liberalism!
    pgrass101 and Brad426 like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links