BAD: CCW holder loses gun. Found by kids. - Page 2

BAD: CCW holder loses gun. Found by kids.

This is a discussion on BAD: CCW holder loses gun. Found by kids. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Burns I didn't read the article, but seeing that it happened at a movie theater is not surprising. I always feel as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BAD: CCW holder loses gun. Found by kids.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I didn't read the article, but seeing that it happened at a movie theater is not surprising. I always feel as if mine will fall out of the holster when I'm sitting on the movie theater chairs, but I always check that I still have it every 20-30 mins and when I leave.
    Why?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

So great that the student was responsible enough to do the right thing. Someone not so responsible might have found it and said "Yippee-look what I found."

And this is why every OWB holster I use has a retention strap.

Yeah, I know, everyone will argue that the split second it will take you to unsnap when drawing will mean certain death.

But there are far more stories about people's guns ending up on bathroom floors then there are about people losing out in the quickdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by GraySkies View Post
    Update:

Ore. man who left gun under theater seat has permit revoked | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

I kinda feel for the guy a little because we all make mistakes, but as mprp said "due dillegence in controlling our firearms" is an area where we can NEVER let our guard down. It would not surprise me at all if charges follow, although I'm torn on whether I would want to see that happen to someone.
    Fair enough but if they are going to revoke his permit and/or charge this man, then any police officer that leaves their gun unattended in a restroom or other public place should be fired and/or charged in a like manner.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I've never had my gun even try to come out of my OWB formed leather holster,it has no retention strap since the leather is molded to the gun,people that carry in cheap one size fits most slick nylon holsters,or the Belt Slide type holsters that can push up on the gun slide as you sit down causing the gun to push up out of the holster are just a news story waiting to happen.
    Too bad they didn't publish the type of holster he was using but I got a really good Idea it was probably in the $10 range
    I suspect you are correct. I'm too old and fat to try it buy I could stand on my head and my gun ain't coming out of the holster on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    I suspect you are correct. I'm too old and fat to try it buy I could stand on my head and my gun ain't coming out of the holster on its own.
    I never carry w/o retention of some type. Most often, it's Biancchi CarryLok.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    And this is why every OWB holster I use has a retention strap.

Yeah, I know, everyone will argue that the split second it will take you to unsnap when drawing will mean certain death.

But there are far more stories about people's guns ending up on bathroom floors then there are about people losing out in the quickdraw.
    Strap, or other retention. I quit IWB after a couple of incidents of gun/holster working it's way up and out.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

This is another reason I like my pocket carry in my jeans. It just does not want to jump out of there. Also when you have to drop your pants in the john it doesn't expose you weapon.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links