GOOD: MSCO arrested someone planning another school attack

This is a discussion on GOOD: MSCO arrested someone planning another school attack within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.mcso.org/MultiMedia/Press...20Mountain.pdf In the post the 16 year-old alludes to the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre saying she planned her attack well in advance of Fridays ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GOOD: MSCO arrested someone planning another school attack

Distinguished Member

http://www.mcso.org/MultiMedia/Press...20Mountain.pdf

In the post the 16 year-old alludes to the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre saying she
    planned her attack well in advance of Fridays shooting. The post, in parts reads, “I now literally
    have a plan of seriously hurting…killing…murdering people in my high school.” The post
    continued on by saying “I WORK at the high school as a student teacher basically…which is why no
    one can find out about me somewhat accidentally planning to blow up the school. (and yes… it
    would be super easy…)”

When Sheriff’s detectives entered the home this morning, they found three handguns including a
    semi-automatic .40 caliber, a .357 revolver, and a .22 revolver and seized two computers in the home
    to process for further evidence. The weapons were not seized but released to the girl’s father for
    safe keeping.

In the interview by Sheriff’s detectives of the girl’s parents both said their daughter has a history of
    mental health issues, has been seen by a psychiatrist, and had recently been inquiring about where
    the guns were being kept in the house. The father said he was alarmed by his daughter’s comments
    and took the additional safety precautions of placing trigger locks on each gun and safeguarding
    them in a gun safe.

No surprise abut the mental health issues. Do we see a common trend yet?
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Revolvers? Those aren't military weapons of war! No way you could go on a kill-crazy rampage with revolvers.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    An ounce of prevention goes a long way.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Mental illness? Naww, anyone that would want to harm kids in a school must be wired right. Right? I'd look somewhere else for the problem. /sarcasm

And good on the dad for locking them up.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

In the interview by Sheriff’s detectives of the girl’s parents both said their daughter has a history of
    mental health issues, has been seen by a psychiatrist, and had recently been inquiring about where
    the guns were being kept in the house.
    That wouldn't set off a red flag in the Dads brain.A person that legally cannot own a firearm and suddenly wants to know where the guns are.I would be locking them up and notifying LEO to make sure that she got on the prohibited person NCIC check
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That wouldn't set off a red flag in the Dads brain.A person that legally cannot own a firearm and suddenly wants to know where the guns are.I would be locking them up and notifying LEO to make sure that she got on the prohibited person NCIC check
    It did. He made sure the firearms had trigger locks and were secured in a safe.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: GOOD: MSCO arrested someone planning another school attack

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    It did. He made sure the firearms had trigger locks and were secured in a safe.
    This. Was looking at getting a nano vault for my wife's car today and noticed the keyed model is backordered on Amazon. I can only hope that Sandy Hook is inspiring people to secure their guns.
    Darrow75 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Based on the fathers comments and her known mental history, if I was the parent, I would have done more than just locking the guns away. I do believe I would have at least questioned her as to why she wanted to know where the guns were secured. I am amazed that a person with known mental problems is allowed to be a student teacher in Az.

Sorry to get off topic but:
    Does it have to be a Nano? I use the Secure-It car safe in each of my vehicles that I purchased at Midway for $23.00 each. I also use them to secure my gun(s) in my suitcases when I travel by air.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Sorry to get off topic but:
    Does it have to be a Nano? I use the Secure-It car safe in each of my vehicles that I purchased at Midway for $23.00 each. I also use them to secure my gun(s) in my suitcases when I travel by air.
    Nah, I just have one already and like it so I was going to get another. Never saw it backordered before so I thought maybe it was related to Sandy Hook.

Good for the parents and good for the LEO. All around, great!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Red Mountain was my high school's rival. I have been there many times. Good job MCSO

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    ... I am amazed that a person with known mental problems is allowed to be a student teacher in Az. ...
    The original post said she was 16, and that SHE identified herself as "a student teacher basically." Fact is, a student teacher has completed 4.5 years of college, so that wasn't what she was.

Odds are she was a "teacher's assistant", just a student, but who under orders has pretty much the run of the school and is trusted to help grade papers and such. I taught for 13 years and had great teacher's assistants, some with wild tattoos and piercings and some from the Special Ed department. One (with no flags) later turned to meth; I've lost touch with the others.

Given how blind folks are to a child's faults, I think dad should get some points for his actions. Ought to have gone further, sure. But give him some credit.

Sounds to me like she was mostly looking for attention, glad the dad took proper precautions though.

The father responded well. It is mere speculation if he did do more or nothing else. To bad Ms. Lanza did not lock her guns up.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    The father responded well. It is mere speculation if he did do more or nothing else. To bad Ms. Lanza did not lock her guns up.
    and we know this how?
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links