Now THIS Will Warm Your Outlook and Holdiay! A Hero Cop in Action:

This is a discussion on Now THIS Will Warm Your Outlook and Holdiay! A Hero Cop in Action: within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No, nothing to do with a shooting, but heroism isn't confined to that, I especially like the last sentence of the cop, a real truth ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By detective
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: Now THIS Will Warm Your Outlook and Holdiay! A Hero Cop in Action:

No, nothing to do with a shooting, but heroism isn't confined to that, I especially like the last sentence of the cop, a real truth in a humble package:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
    ctr likes this.

By the way, dunno if it says, this was a Boston Police Officer.

VIP Member
    Does not suprise me too much.
    I have seen police/firemen go into buildings on fire(my brother and a few friends are among the smoke-eaters), jump into rushing swollen waters to save people and animals.
    Most of them are not the bad apples you see on some videos abusing their authority.
    Most of them are brave, courageous people who will give their life for their fellow man.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Good job. Glad all are OK
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Great guy! Nice to hear about the majority of cops instead of the few that give the rest a bad name.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Way to go...........HERO.

VIP Member
    I am not saying anything negative toward this guy as he did what needed to be done. But, he either had to jump in with his duty belt or remove it. One of the witnesses states that he removed it. For all you cops out there - if you had a similar situation, to whom would you hand your duty belt if you had to remove it? Just one of those questions that makes you go - I wonder.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I am not saying anything negative toward this guy as he did what needed to be done. But, he either had to jump in with his duty belt or remove it. One of the witnesses states that he removed it. For all you cops out there - if you had a similar situation, to whom would you hand your duty belt if you had to remove it? Just one of those questions that makes you go - I wonder.
    There were other officers immediately near him on top of bridge as video shows, he must have dropped it next to - or handed it to- them.

something about a camera a giraffe or a burning tire ?

Nice to hear stories like this, especially at Christmas time. Merry Christmas!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Links