Bad : Homeowner Victimized in Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Bad : Homeowner Victimized in Home Invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happend in Fayette Co WV. The method of choice to gain entry. Knock on door and when answered, push their way in. The guy ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By Nosler Guy
  • 2 Post By Nosler Guy

Thread: Bad : Homeowner Victimized in Home Invasion

Bad : Homeowner Victimized in Home Invasion

This happend in Fayette Co WV.

The method of choice to gain entry. Knock on door and when answered, push their way in. The guy had a gun but somehow they wrestled it away from him and unloaded it. Don't know how that happend.

This man should never allow the door to be opened, especially if it is someone he does not know. Valuable lesson though.

UPDATE: Elderly Home Invasion Victim Shares Frightening Experience
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Lots of questions left unanswered in that story but I'm very glad the man survived as well as he did.
    Seems as if there's been an increase in home invasions over the past year; or at least I'm hearing more about them.

That "I need to borrow a phone" should be code for "I want to rob you".
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Why should dirtbags willing to do this...be allowed to escape, of instead of being filled with lead at the scene?
    Society has no use for these kinds of individuals because they WILL escalate their crime sprees.

The elderly gentleman should have used the thousand dollars in his wallet to buy a bigger gun and/or some training.
    I hope he has learned for this lesson.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I am amazed at how many people just open their door when they hear a knock. I have been guilty of this in the past but it gets one thinking about identifying who is at your front door before allowing them access.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosler Guy View Post
    I am amazed at how many people just open their door when they hear a knock. I have been guilty of this in the past but it gets one thinking about identifying who is at your front door before allowing them access.
    I have always been a bit suspicious of people knocking on the door that I do not know. Call me paranoid, but I have read way too many of these stories of people who are too trusting and the predators know it.

Sadly there was a time when you could trust but those days are disappearing.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Sadly there was a time when you could trust but those days are disappearing.
    So true. I don't answer the door without a gun on anymore. It's not that I don't feel safe where I live, I just don't take any chances. You can't plan when an incident will occur.
    kmagnuss and Truckinbutch like this.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

Links