Don't resist a criminal...and get shot

This is a discussion on Don't resist a criminal...and get shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 workers shot during Virginia Beach store robbery | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com 2 workers shot during Virginia Beach store robbery By Cindy Clayton The Virginian-Pilot ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By HillyBilly
  • 1 Post By Tayopo
  • 1 Post By DaveH

Thread: Don't resist a criminal...and get shot

VIP Member

Thumbs down Don't resist a criminal...and get shot

2 workers shot during Virginia Beach store robbery | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

2 workers shot during Virginia Beach store robbery
    By Cindy Clayton
    The Virginian-Pilot

December 4, 2012 VIRGINIA BEACH
    Two employees were shot Tuesday morning during a robbery at a pizza shop in the 1000 block of Aragona Blvd.
    Around 2 a.m., a man went into the store, darted around the counter and shot one of the employees after being told the shop was closed, police wrote in a news release.

He charged at a second employee and shot him while demanding money.

The employee gave the man some money, and he fled the store.

SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Exactly as planned. Would have been nice to see one of the employees change the robber's plans.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

We exist in a society that is becoming even more violent as we move forward, become more enlightened and progressive.

I'm on record as stating that most of these crimes will involve drug use of some type. This is our epidemic, this is what creates the mindset of a criminal.

The illicit drugs are powerfully addictive and they alter a person's thinking. Rationale flies out and violence rushes in. Unless we find a way to stop people from injesting these substances, we should consider the fact we will see more and more violent behaviour. It is becoming a too sad fact of life.

That is a monumental task however because of the allure of drugs. I have said many times that I do not see the attraction of being chained to something that I must chase after for the majority of my life and in the process steal and yes, kill to get the drugs. My understanding is limited.

That my friends is not living, it is existing and living for the drug. I can't offer answers but I pray that one is out there.
    Gene83 and Rock and Glock like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

That's certainly what I'm seeing in my neck of the woods. Methheads stealing anything they can to support their addiction.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

That war on drugs deal is working out real good right now HUH ??
    DaveH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    That's certainly what I'm seeing in my neck of the woods. Methheads stealing anything they can to support their addiction.
    Same here. A lot of meth labs getting busted but they just keep popping up. Home break ins during the day has also increased.

G'morning hilly, a cuppa of genuine sock coffee? Like making babies, it takes two to do the job - never mind about yeah many years ago.

In the case of the drugs, they are already addicted to them to escape their present life styles, They refuse to face that they are almost directly responsible for some 100,00 + - drug cartel related deaths, and close to the same in civilian lives, this in additon to ruining their own lives..sigh

Don Jose de La Mancha in ole sunny Mexico.
    Truckinbutch likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HillyBilly View Post
    That war on drugs deal is working out real good right now HUH ??
    As I have posted on anti-RKBA Dan Casey's Blog, "If you like the War on Drugs, you are going to love the War on Guns. Didn't we learn anything from The Prohibition?"
    bigdogtx likes this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Tayopo View Post
    G'morning hilly, a cuppa of genuine sock coffee? Like making babies, it takes two to do the job - never mind about yeah many years ago.

In the case of the drugs, they are already addicted to them to escape their present life styles, They refuse to face that they are almost directly responsible for some 100,00 + - drug cartel related deaths, and close to the same in civilian lives, this in additon to ruining their own lives..sigh

Don Jose de La Mancha in ole sunny Mexico.
    Hola , mi amigo ,
    We meet again .
    A word to the wise : Don Jose's advice is to be taken to the bank . His sock coffee is to be sipped with caution . It is not for the meek

Links