Conn.......The AR never left the car

This is a discussion on Conn.......The AR never left the car within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Investigation is 'very complex' - Video on TODAY.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Conn.......The AR never left the car

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar

Conn.......The AR never left the car

2. Remove Ads

That is dated the 16th, two days after the shooting when everything was unclear. This video states there was an altercation with the school officials on the 14th and the AR was left in the car. All of which has been changed since then. The medical examiner states he is very knowledgeable concerning weapons, that the victims were shot with a long gun and he saw many casings. If he is knowledgeable and saw the casings he probably recognized them as rifle rounds. At about the 5:20 mark in video below a reporter states he thought the rifle was discovered in the car and you can hear someone say "that's not correct."

Page down to the news conference at Conn. school massacre victims all shot multiple times, chief medical officer says - U.S. News

Let's wait for the official reports before spreading conspiracy rumors.
    Brad426 and Darrow75 like this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    So....
    • he had four handguns in the school
    • the "assault style" AR stayed in the car (of course they had to emphasize the assault part, stating it twice )
    • The existing gun controls worked as intended and prevented him from legaly buying (it was also emphasized that this was due to Conn being extra restrictive )
    • And he was a known quantity to school officials having engaged in an altercation at the school a few days prior.

Quote Originally Posted by owgem View Post
    That is dated the 16th, two days after the shooting when everything was unclear. This video states there was an altercation with the school officials on the 14th and the AR was left in the car. All of which has been changed since then. The medical examiner states he is very knowledgeable concerning weapons, that the victims were shot with a long gun and he saw many casings. If he is knowledgeable and saw the casings he probably recognized them as rifle rounds. At about the 5:20 mark in video below a reporter states he thought the rifle was discovered in the car and you can hear someone say "that's not correct."

Page down to the news conference at Conn. school massacre victims all shot multiple times, chief medical officer says - U.S. News

Let's wait for the official reports before spreading conspiracy rumors.
    What he said. There is a difference between rushing to press (or air) without vetting the facts and a conspiracy.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I wonder if the media will ever get things right about this matter.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

They mostly have now. The preliminary reports during the first couple of days were very confused with both officials and news organizations contradicting themselves and each other.

Since then, it has been clearly established that all the victims at the school (to be distinguished from their assailant) were killed by rounds from a semi-automatic rifle firing .223/5.56. I don't know that any information has been released regarding what weapon killed the shooter or his mother.

OP posted an old article from the first days after the shooting.

Sloppy reporting yes, but people were tuning in to listen to the latest "breaking news." Any reporter/organization that did the responsible thing and only stated (or committed to print) vetted facts would have lost viewership/readership which equals loss in advertising dollars.

A lot of ink has been spilled regarding how intrusive/insensitive reporters were in Newtown, but surely we share some blame. We demand information as if we were somehow entitled to immediate, complete information about the tragedy and then are shocked, shocked! at how low reporters will stoop to give us what we want.

Ryan
    Darrow75 and RoadKill like this.
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    socal2310: Please to provide a link to your info, "All the victims were killed by rounds from a semi-automatic rifle firing .223/5.56".
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Mossad?
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    Mossad?
    Israel did Sandy Hook says Michael Harris

Disclaimer: I do not agree with this guy, but I find his ideas interesting enough that they should be shared.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    socal2310: Please to provide a link to your info, "All the victims were killed by rounds from a semi-automatic rifle firing .223/5.56".
    Medical examiner: all Sandy Hook victims died of multiple gunshot wounds | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Although this was early on, he seems to be a credible source.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    My question(s) to his statement, how was he to identify bullets as fired from a Bushmaster semi automatic rifle, and if a .223 was used it could have been a bolt action, and where and when was a Bushmaster found within the school?
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

It seems to me that the media would have been all over the bushmaster as the weapon from the very begining. I find it hard to believe they missed an opportunity even if they had to make it up out of thin air.

The colorado shooting set the stage.
    The Portland shooting was to be the one to start the big ball rolling. However, it failed as it was interrupted by a cc'er with only two deaths.
    Plan B was the grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    It seems to me that the media would have been all over the bushmaster as the weapon from the very begining. I find it hard to believe they missed an opportunity even if they had to make it up out of thin air.

The colorado shooting set the stage.
    The Portland shooting was to be the one to start the big ball rolling. However, it failed as it was interrupted by a cc'er with only two deaths.
    Plan B was the grade school.
    Plan C is to steal all the tin foil hats...
    Darrow75 and oakchas like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Plan C is to steal all the tin foil hats...
    From my cold dead hands!

No wait, that's been used before.

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    they won't. It will be presented in a way that will benefit an agenda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links