GOOD: Buckeye Firearms Association - Armed Teacher Pilot Program

This is a discussion on GOOD: Buckeye Firearms Association - Armed Teacher Pilot Program within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Myk This was just reported on the local news here. The tone was surprisingly neutral with a positive lean. Sent from my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: GOOD: Buckeye Firearms Association - Armed Teacher Pilot Program

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Myk View Post
    This was just reported on the local news here. The tone was surprisingly neutral with a positive lean.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    Send the local news a nice email. Post a link, and I will send them one, too.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Send the local news a nice email. Post a link, and I will send them one, too.
    I wrote an email to the author of the Dispatch article, Joe Hallett jhallett@dispatch.com to thank him for the article and to inquire if he is planning on doing a follow-up article to share how much interest there is.

I've applied. I really want to get in, too. We NEED this in my area. "Blissninny" is a term I've heard that I think applies to those in a position to make these types of choices. We just imagine that bad things can't happen in Mayberry.

My principal just got his CCW. Not that the communist state of NY would ever allow, at least he'll be somewhat familiar with the subject matter. Can't wait to find out what he's getting.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    With permission of the school board or convening authority of the school, yes.

The Ohio Secretary of State has voiced his support for armed staff, and pointed out it will not require changing the Ohio Revised code.
    This is great news! I hope the local school boards around your state show some common sense* and allow their teachers to carry.

*Common sense: Something the anti crowd likes to talk about but don't seem to possess in much quantity!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    And as an added bonus, the teachers can carry outside the classroom. More armed defenders on the streets.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links