First the guns, now this...

This is a discussion on First the guns, now this... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by PEF After they ban knives they will move on to big rocks. What happened to the UK? It's people were once tougher ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: First the guns, now this...

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    After they ban knives they will move on to big rocks.

What happened to the UK? It's people were once tougher than nails. So sad.
    All of those moved over here, a long time ago

msgt/ret likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

2. Remove Ads

Are you kidding me?

Sporks will only be sold one per month, with a permit only. Hi capacity boxes of 30 sporks will be banned. Rubber bands are next.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

"Offensive weapons are defined as any weapon designed or adapted to cause injury, or intended by the person possessing them to do so." I believe that with this statement they have poked a massive hole in their own logic while at the same time providing ammunition (pun intended) for the Pro-Gun movement. Even with the given age of the article it still makes me want to crap in my hands and start clapping.

Added note: Are we on our way to regulating semi-automatic matches next?

When will bow and arrows be banned? God forbid we all become Robin Hood.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

How in the heck am I going to cut my steak now??? Whats next, gas pedals because they make a car go to fast...

VIP Member
    So I guess a knife with a 3" blade can't really hurt you when it's stuck in your neck?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by BefallenSoul View Post
    "Offensive weapons are defined as any weapon designed or adapted to cause injury, or intended by the person possessing them to do so."
    That's why walking down the street with a bat will get you arrested in the UK. You'd better be able to prove you're going to or from a game. You can't carry a knife either, unless it's clearly work-related, because the legal presumption is it's a weapon not a tool.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    That's why walking down the street with a bat will get you arrested in the UK. You'd better be able to prove you're going to or from a game. You can't carry a knife either, unless it's clearly work-related, because the legal presumption is it's a weapon not a tool.
    What about umbrellas with pointy metal tips? This could get ugly during the rainy season, that's all year in England.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    What about umbrellas with pointy metal tips? This could get ugly during the rainy season, that's all year in England.
    Those fall under the same ambiguity as canes. If you defend yourself with one, do not be shocked if the crown prosecutor deems it either "adapted to cause injury" or "possessed with the intent to cause injury". Remember that in England, shooting a burglar will get you arrested and charged.

The very first murder was committed with a rock! Human's are very inventive, and will find a means to their end!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I can't say that I'm surprised. It is funny though.
    Walk softly ...

I did four years of training in catering backin the 80's does that mean I can grandfather my kitchen knives now or do I hand them into the kitchen police, I was always told its best to have a good sharp knife than a blunt one as blunt knives will cause more damage, I'll just use a fork or will that be considered to dangerous to put in my mouth. Woman might want to consider the stiletto heel as well that's pointy. Big Ben might be taken down as well that's to pointy, just look at Concorde that no longer fly's, that was pointy ( it was also French, they are just as bad) they don't fire their guns just throw them on the floor. eBay has them up for bid described as never been fired slightly scratched from being dropped.)

Just replace the word knife with gun and you pretty much have the same language as is contained in Senator Feinstein's proposed gun ban bill..... I guess she has a contact in England.....
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I remember back in the early 70's I lived in England,Dad was Career USAF.They had a flea market every Week on Sat IIRC you could buy Gurkha Knives like this for around $5.00
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...or-dwrQ3lA7_tg

And even cheap switchblades that were legal,A lots changed in 3 decades
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links