L.A. Voluntarily Disarming.... - Page 2

L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

This is a discussion on L.A. Voluntarily Disarming.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SDG I don't see why a firearms dealer can't do that. Regarding your second thought, go ahead and watch CA go down ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post
    I don't see why a firearms dealer can't do that.

Regarding your second thought, go ahead and watch CA go down the crapper. Soon it will be your state. Sooner than you think.

I find it amazing how quick some are to write off their neighbors as if Liberalism will never come to them. Good luck with that.
    This is so historically accurate it's scary.

This is exactly what happened, twice, all over Europe. At some point, enough of their neighbors were rounded up, corralled or otherwise exterminated from pending action that there was no one left to defend each other.

Unless we're willing to start seperating into disjointed unions rather than the United States -- something I'm not ready to see happen -- we need to start standing up for each other.
    Pistology likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post
    Regarding your second thought, go ahead and watch CA go down the crapper. Soon it will be your state. Sooner than you think.

I find it amazing how quick some are to write off their neighbors as if Liberalism will never come to them. Good luck with that.
    SDG, don't think for one minute that any of this is directed at the good people of CA who are at the mercy of the Liberals as anyone else in any other state. I'm from northern NY originally, so I know how you feel. Unfortunately, the Liberals are in such large numbers in those states that they have the vote. Very frustrating.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

The local news here in Denver just mentioned buy back programs in Colorado and how they don't do much and are not very popular here. The last one in Denver a while back apparently netted about 2 dozen guns. They also mentioned that gun sales have been through the roof for "military style" weapons. I guess we have a gun buy up program. The people are buying up all the stock at gun shops.

I don't think the sheeple get it... These buy backs for those of us in WA are a sham... They are bought from these sheeple and also gotten from bad guys being arrested and if the gun is in good condition, SN are intact, checked for crime records, they are then turned over to one of two state licensed resellers who go through them, clean them, replace worn parts and sell them at local gun fairs legally. The police then have a nice amount of cash to do stuff with... (good thing) but I think if the word got out... the buy backs would probably whither away to a large extent... at least here in WA...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Re: L.A. Volutarilly Disarming....

I wonder how long it will be until some smart person capitalizes on the government buy back phenomenon and turns it into a cable reality series.

Next on "Buy Back <insert your town here>"...........

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

It's LA ....

I have been waiting for anyone around me to have a buyback program. I have an old Jennings J-22 I would love to unload for a couple hundred bucks but will not sell to anyone. Now that I think about it I also have a Grendel .380 I would part with, why oh why did I ever buy them to start with?

At least the criminal element in society, knows where to do their dirty deeds and have no resistance.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Anyone who would willingly and voluntarily hand their guns over for a food card probably doesn't need guns in the first place.
    glockman10mm and pittypat21 like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Isnt the state Califonia in or on the verge of bankruptsy? How can they afford to fund a buy back program?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Isnt the state Califonia in or on the verge of bankruptsy? How can they afford to fund a buy back program?
    Well, it's pretty simple actually. They spend money they don't have. They'll look to the Federal Government and those poor folks that actually work for a living to pick up the tab later.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    They are beating their swords into plowshares.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Read the story in the paper online. The cards were donated by Ralphs. Probably some major food chain out there.
    There was one guy mentioned that turned in a Mac-12 complete with silencer. The most they were offering was $200. I'd have gladly given the guy $300 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    They are beating their swords into plowshares.
    Only the law abiding.

Senior Moderator
    At least 51% of this county is clueless. None of this should come as a suprise.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Not that it will ever hit Michigan, but if it does, think I'll go to the buyback with some cash in hand. Walk around and take a look at what people are turning over and offer them $20 or $30 more in cash than what the city/state is offering. I'm sure most of it will be junk, but you have idiots every day holding onto an original issue 1911 who think it's just some old crap that they would love to get $100 gift card for.
    My treat.
    From local news
    Many of the weapons turned in were family heirlooms.

But Doug Johnson, an undercover gang and narcotics officer at the event, said they also included two fully automatic TEC-9s, a common gun for gang members, along with an AK-47 and a Bushmaster rifle, the same brand used in the Newtown, Conn., school massacre on Dec. 14....
    A Burbank woman, who would not give her name, said as she drove out of the Van Nuys event that she turned in a gun that had belonged to her parents.

Both the gift card and the opportunity to get rid of the gun drew her in.

"Not something I wanted to hold on to," she said.
    This is more like it:
    A few protesters stood on the streets holding signs urging people not to turn in guns.

One, Bruce Boyer, yelled at waiting drivers that they were supporting "the regime" by turning in guns.

Boyer, who calls himself the "chief instigator" of the local pro-gun group Sons of Liberty L.A., said the event is "a fraud" meant to convince the public that police are making the streets safer.

Instead of urging law-abiding citizens to turn guns in, Boyer said, police should encourage them to get more guns to protect themselves. ...

Referring to the other people in line, many of whom appeared elderly or middle-aged as they drove out, he added, "I would say that the people turning them in are the ones that should be keeping them. And I don't see many gangbangers in the line."

Johnson, the undercover officer, said some of the weapons were, in fact, gangbanger guns, and he was glad to get them off the streets.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

i wonder if they take toy guns....
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links