L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

This is a discussion on L.A. Voluntarily Disarming.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm sure that due to the number of drunk drivers they're all eager to turn in their cars too. Idiots....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

I'm sure that due to the number of drunk drivers they're all eager to turn in their cars too.

Idiots.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeFalling View Post
    I'm sure that due to the number of drunk drivers they're all eager to turn in their cars too.

Idiots.
    I don't know about drunks, but remember cash for clunkers?
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

I'm wondering if LA PD got back any of their MP5s they lost from their training facility? Those were their guns they converted to sim-ammo! If I remember it was 20 or so!
    brocktice likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I'm sure the lines were filled with gang bangers turning in their guns for Starbucks gift cards.

There! Don't you feel safer?
    Actually those were the guns they stole from the hood and couldn't get ammo!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

This is a good thing. It will make it easier for us to reclaim the land as West Carolina.
    TX expat likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    This is a good thing. It will make it easier for us to reclaim the land as West Carolina.
    lolz
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Read the L.A. Riot accounts of disarmed idiots running scared to buy guns, only to discover that there were waiting periods and other "laws" in place that meant that they could NOT buy a gun that day, or in the following days.

Many then ran desperately to their friends to "borrow" guns, because the wolf was at the door.

How many of those sheeple will only realize their stupidity when the wolf is again at the door, but they cannot get a gun at all, because they not only turned their guns in for short term cash, but elected liars who promised safety and security when they KNEW that they could deliver neither.
    TX expat and pittypat21 like this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Senior Moderator
    Cannon fodder.

Thats all I've got to say about that.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

If there is a gun buy back here in tuscaloosa I will take my camera down there and conduct some interviews with the sellers asking them what gang the belong to and how much time they did before and then post it here.

I still like the gun club (don't remember where) who spent a year gathering up old broken rifles worth about 20.00 or less each. They took them to the "buy back program" and sold them for 100-200 each. They then used the money to send kids to an NRA sponsored summer camp. Loved that one!!!!
    mulle46 likes this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Re: L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

Having lived in the greater LA area for 30 years (and got smart and got out), I would bet more guns are coming over the Mexican boarder every day than our being turned in. Most of the ones turned in in the past looked like they were very old and very worn out. The others were stolen (remember, no questions). So they are legally fencing stolen property.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Anyone who would turn in their gun should not have a gun. I might add that turning in any kind of decent gun for a $100 gift certificate, borders on insane and is well into the land of stupid. With the current prices for guns you could at least triple or more the profit from the gun. Maybe this is a good thing, removing guns from the hands of the insane.

Well, that'll only work in safe cities like L.A. Here in the wild midwest, we need to hang on to our protection.

Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

What an idea... Have a gun used in a crime? No questions asked just turn it in....No way to track it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    Well, that'll only work in safe cities like L.A. Here in the wild midwest, we need to hang on to our protection.

Yep, LA and Chicago.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links