L.A. Voluntarily Disarming.... - Page 4

L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

This is a discussion on L.A. Voluntarily Disarming.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Anyone who would willingly and voluntarily hand their guns over for a food card probably doesn't need guns in the first ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Anyone who would willingly and voluntarily hand their guns over for a food card probably doesn't need guns in the first place.
    I'll bet Rosie turned in a bunch of guns from her security detail...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I can guarantee that Law Abiding Citizens were not turning in their 2nd Amendment Rights. It was all the ding dongs that want some quick cash.

I wonder if any Politicians were standing in line for a quick buck?

Article I read said a whopping 400 guns were turned in - hardly a drop in the bucket in LA. Besides, it was Kali ...

Did you guys see the story the media is spreading about this buy back, that 2 rocket launchers were turned in.
    2 Rocket Launchers Turned In During LAPD Gun Buyback (PHOTOS) - Los Angeles - News - The Informer

After 3 minutes of research I was able to figure out the "rocket launchers" were used AT-4's that are not reusable and I don't even think they are legally firearms. But I'm sure every anti on Twitter and Facebook has linked the story and is screaming for an AWB to get the rocket launchers off the streets. It amazes me what crap will get reported with absolute no research if it involves firearms.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I'm thinking that a gun that would get turned in is probably an old worn out gun to begin with, etc. I really wonder if there were guns in working condition turned in.

Re: L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I'm thinking that a gun that would get turned in is probably an old worn out gun to begin with, etc. I really wonder if there were guns in working condition turned in.
    Soylent Green

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    Eagleks likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Soylent Green
    What?

Analogy

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    Doghandler

If I decided I wanted to get rid of a gun, I would find a friend that could use one, and I would sell it to them at a reasonable price. Better to give protection to a friend than offer none for anybody.
    Doghandler likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    If I decided I wanted to get rid of a gun, I would find a friend that could use one, and I would sell it to them at a reasonable price. Better to give protection to a friend than offer none for anybody.
    Better measure your friends now before it requires an FFL transfer. Your poor friends might not be able to afford it.

Of all the absurd things I have ever written I like this one the most.
    Doghandler

Californians who care about their gun rights, don't live in California for long.

I'm wondering how many were turning in someone else's guns..... LOL.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Well, I'm all for it! I'm even starting my own gun buy back program. Anyone have a Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, High end 1911's, I'm willing to go as high as $200 or even $250 for a real good one!
    brocktice likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    That picture of those AK-47s and at least 1 AR-15 destined for the scrap heap made me feel a little sick.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmcg1525 View Post
    Did you guys see the story the media is spreading about this buy back, that 2 rocket launchers were turned in.
    2 Rocket Launchers Turned In During LAPD Gun Buyback (PHOTOS) - Los Angeles - News - The Informer

After 3 minutes of research I was able to figure out the "rocket launchers" were used AT-4's that are not reusable and I don't even think they are legally firearms. But I'm sure every anti on Twitter and Facebook has linked the story and is screaming for an AWB to get the rocket launchers off the streets. It amazes me what crap will get reported with absolute no research if it involves firearms.
    Actually they do clarify on page 2 that they are non-working. But not until page 2.

SDG
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    This is so historically accurate it's scary.
    That's exactly what it is. Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    SDG, don't think for one minute that any of this is directed at the good people of CA who are at the mercy of the Liberals as anyone else in any other state. I'm from northern NY originally, so I know how you feel. Unfortunately, the Liberals are in such large numbers in those states that they have the vote. Very frustrating.
    What's interesting (read: frustrating) is CA is not as liberal as many believe. Arguably, the majority of people in CA are of a liberal mindset but if you look at the popular vote, it's something like 60/40. Liberals are the clear winners, but there sure are a lot of conservatives in CA. Until we get away from a bipartisan system, conservatives (and even those somewhere in the middle) are screwed. I think this goes for the rest of the nation, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Californians who care about their gun rights, don't live in California for long.
    I've lived in CA all my life. I won't say never because you just never know but I doubt I'll ever leave. And, I do care about my gun rights.
    Doghandler likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links